Old to 'Mud, new to the High Desert (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello High Desert Cruisers, I've been in Albuquerque for some time (4 years) and brought my truck back after a recent trip back home. I'd be looking to join and visit one of the meets after it warms up a bit. The truck is an '86 that I've owned since 2008.

It used to be in much better shape after I repainted it in 2010 (Flip's Fantastic reFinish - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/flips-fantastic-refinish.392509/). I unfortunately had to let it sit outside for ~4-5 years taking a toll on the body. When I went back to retrieve it, it fired right up. I rebuilt the engine just prior to painting in 2010 using the FSM as a guide.

For the past few weekends I've been slowly going through the front axle for a knuckle rebuild and brake service. Stopping power was severely lacking after sitting for so long. CruiserOutfitters supplied most of the parts with a few bits from American Toyota. Glad to hear they are re-visiting the discount in some fashion.

The next stage of the process calls for doing the knuckle alignment with the SST. Would any of the members happen to have a knuckle alignment tool they would be willing to lend out?

Thanks!

PXL_20220129_225815174.jpg

PXL_20220129_182622963.jpg

Beautiful

I only do simple stuff

95272E0D-D823-4C1C-832D-5DF95C19E48B.jpeg

Last edited:
Outside of land cruiser's I also do a lot of woodworking and canoe design. Canoes, kayaks, doors, cabinets, round objects (lathe)- anything made from trees.
That is just amazing. I can't do it. As a result, I have much respect for those that can.

Thanks! It's just a lot of small steps. The tolerances for error are much larger than it suggests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom