old screw and bolt removal HELP ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

About all WD-40 is good for is displacing moisture.

PB Blaster is a true penetrating oil. Track some down and try it- you'll never buy WD-40 again. I only buy WD-40 because I can get it in the tiny aerosol cans to throw in the glove box in case I get water in the distributer. It's about worthless for anything else.

Being in Canada, Kroil might be easier to find- it's just as good, and some would argue it's better.

A Heat gun will work- propane torch is faster, but you're working on metal that you've just soaked in petroleum products- be careful.

I'll post up another for easy outs. I use an old set of snapons and have never broken one. I think they work great for their purpose. I used them to remove all of the screws in my windshield and door frames and hinges when I first took my fj apart. I think the key is to used the correct hole size and use one of the larger bits. Mine will always strip out the hole before failure. If they are properly designed and used the threads will not grip enough to casuse the shaft to break. Or maybe I'm just lucky?

and I like wd40. You can buy it by the gallon!

WD-40 = Water Displacement. The 40 is the attempts to get the formula right,i agree its only good for douching the distributor of water

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom