Old Man Emu (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I had a set of OME comfort shocks for another project that I sold... kept the shocks just incase I am able to use them on my cruiser. They were for a four door stationwagon with a V8... rear shocks... and a set of Bilstein struts for the front... I waited until the front office closed so I wouldnt get yelled at for working on my vehicle in the college parking lot... btw I live and park only a few feet from the front office and the building admin person lives across the hall from me... anyway I pulled the rear shocks off.. they were some cheap reaplacement shocks that looked a few years old... the OME shocks were longer and compressed an inch more then these... went on easy... the front shocks were a different story... well they looked like original factory equipment. So that would make them 28 years old. That steering stabilizer looks original factory too. I installed all for shocks. Took her for a test drive on roads near the university that I am used to driving on a daily basis. Had the wife go with me to get her opinion. All I have to say is they are fricken awesome. Some of the big speed mounds we have normally make the pig hit hard... now we just glide over them like a car... i say car because compared to cruisers equipment with a full OME suspension that ride just like you are driving a cadilac.. this wasnt that good... but was a huge improvement in the way the pig drove down the road. On the way home all I could think of was how to fit some OME springs under the pig... Anyway Im happy... paid like 45 bucks for the OME comfort shocks... and got the Bilsteins for free.

I posted a photo in the owners thread. Thats what it looked like when we finally got her home. Paid a couple grand. Ive been working on the pig for over a month now. Looks a much better. Will post some more photo's later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom