old man emu suspension for a 1974 or 1975 bj40 in bulgaria (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
rob.tn
hi all! i recently got my hands on my third 40 and she's a wobbly old girl. i live in bulgaria where i think that between myself and two, maybe three others, we own all the 40's in the country. i'd like to sort out the suspension in a way that is the best job i can do and that improves the handling by as much as is feasible. i think i have settled on choosing one of these kits: https://www.offroadattitude.fr/s-10...sse+suspension&orderby=position&orderway=desc mostly because these are what i can find in europe and ome seems to have a great reputation in general. there's not much i can do about recommendations for other brands that i can't get here. do any of you know how i should think about the differences between the various ome skus (OMESK0606, OMESK0607, OMESK0608, OMESK0609, OMESK0610, OMESK0611, OMESK0612, OMESK0613)? do i just pick one at random or is there something i should take into account? the only difference i see in these skus is weight ratings of either 50 or 150 kg. since i want to put a roof nest on the roof, i was leaning towards the heavier ratings.

1646199290691.png

hi all! i recently got my hands on my third 40 and she's a wobbly old girl. i live in bulgaria where i think that between myself and two, maybe three others, we own all the 40's in the country. i'd like to sort out the suspension in a way that is the best job i can do and that improves the handling by as much as is feasible. i think i have settled on choosing one of these kits: https://www.offroadattitude.fr/s-10...sse+suspension&orderby=position&orderway=desc mostly because these are what i can find in europe and ome seems to have a great reputation in general. there's not much i can do about recommendations for other brands that i can't get here. do any of you know how i should think about the differences between the various ome skus (OMESK0606, OMESK0607, OMESK0608, OMESK0609, OMESK0610, OMESK0611, OMESK0612, OMESK0613)? do i just pick one at random or is there something i should take into account? the only difference i see in these skus is weight ratings of either 50 or 150 kg. since i want to put a roof nest on the roof, i was leaning towards the heavier ratings.

View attachment 2940997

Those are not Old Man Emu part numbers rather that retailer's in-house numbers to differentiate kits. I would contact the seller and let them designate which kit is needed.

hi all! i recently got my hands on my third 40 and she's a wobbly old girl. i live in bulgaria where i think that between myself and two, maybe three others, we own all the 40's in the country. i'd like to sort out the suspension in a way that is the best job i can do and that improves the handling by as much as is feasible. i think i have settled on choosing one of these kits: Off-Road Attitude - https://www.offroadattitude.fr/s-10/recherche/vehicules-toyota_bj40_30_d_1974_1980/fabricant_2-ome?search_query=rehausse+suspension&orderby=position&orderway=desc mostly because these are what i can find in europe and ome seems to have a great reputation in general. there's not much i can do about recommendations for other brands that i can't get here. do any of you know how i should think about the differences between the various ome skus (OMESK0606, OMESK0607, OMESK0608, OMESK0609, OMESK0610, OMESK0611, OMESK0612, OMESK0613)? do i just pick one at random or is there something i should take into account? the only difference i see in these skus is weight ratings of either 50 or 150 kg. since i want to put a roof nest on the roof, i was leaning towards the heavier ratings.

View attachment 2940997
Yes it seems the difference is only on the weight ratings of the springs.
AV = avant = front
ARR = arrière = back

With OME I would advise going for medium front and back (OMESK0606) even if you plan to have a roofrack. Some find their medium already a bit hard if you don't plan to usually drive highly overloaded.

The OME references are the one indicated inside each ORA reference:
CS001F x2 (front leaves medium)
60097 x2 (front shocks)
CS001R x2 (rear leaves medium)
60032 x2 (rear shocks)
OMESB30 x4 (polyurethane silentblocs)
OMEU59A x7 (u-bolts)
OMEU59B x1 (u-bolt)

I find weird that they don't explicitly differentiate <1980 and >=1980 as the silentblocs should not the same but I think the OMESB30 is the correct one for a <1980 (to check with someone that actually knows).

I like ORA and have ordered 4wd accessories from them a few times, they have a very good reputation here in France and are nice people. But I think I never heard of someone ordering suspension from them so maybe not their best specialty if you need advise/guidance to the correct product. In the 40 series FR club I think suspension4x4.fr is the most used and the owner drives a 40, but it seems their price went up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom