old man emu steering damper fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking into a new steering damper for my Cruiser. I am looking for the Old Man Emu damper. Does any body have pics of this set up? And how do yall like this set up? I would love to find the part number so that I can order the right part. Thanks

i just changed mine. looked like it might have been the original. i was amazed at the difference it made.

Just switched mine out about 3 weeks ago from the Rancho axle mounted style damper. My old one was worn out and I think was rubbing the diff housing when I did sharp turns. Loving the new one and super easy to install. BTW you know you can't use the OME one with Saginaw conversion.

I'm sure someone will post up some pics for you. But if you are just replacing the OEM, the location is the same, it is just a bigger diameter and of course OME yellow.

If you look at JT Outfitter's their stabilizer is claimed to be the same as the OME. Who knows? Unfortunately no pics installed.

Same with Man-a Fre. Not an installed pic. Except that is the OME stabiliser.

What are you currently running?

Whats the big deal? :confused:
DSC01350 (Custom).JPG

Another photo. I've had mine on for a number of years and am very happy with its performance.
Action 11a.jpg

Here's a freshly installed one. It is definitely beefier than the stock one it replaced.
DSC02578_small.jpg

dude....PM'd you.

Need some help: I just installed an OME steering stabilizer (OMESD23) on my 1978 FJ40. I installed it into the original mounts with OME's hardware. I can not turn left with it (will not expand). There is no binding that I can see. Looking at photos of older 40s, my frame mount seems to be farther to toward the passenger side. However, there are no holes for moving the frame mount closer to center. Thanks for any help.

Not sure if this helps, but here's where it is mounted on mine ... and works as expected
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0004.JPG

I replaced my 40 year old factory one (which still showed good resistance to movement) with an OME and noticed very little difference. But, I have minitruck PS, so that masks at lot of the impacts you would feel through the wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom