1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old man emu leaf

Discussion in 'Diesel Tech / 24 volts' started by eleblanc, Aug 28, 2006.

1. eleblanc

eleblanc

Media:
    Albums:
    Any one runs the Diesel Heavy Load in front (110-240lbs) and Heavy Constant (330lbs) in the rear?

I have a M12000 warn winch in the front 160# and a bumber at least 200-300# so i would go with the Heavy load in front (CS002F). But in the rear i have nothing more then a 32" spare in the rear, should i go with Medium load in the rear or Heavy?

Also for almost the same price of the OME nitro charger i can get the rancho RS9000x (ajustable), Should i get the Rancho?

2. 2rivers

2rivers

I went heavy all around and have no regrets, whereas a buddy of mine with ideintical truck (61) went mediums in rear and regrets it. He does do a lot of trailering and has a box of tools in the back constantly. FYI

Johnny

3. 2rivers

2rivers

Sorry I just noticed you have a 40 - not sure about the "bounce" factor unloaded with heavy packs. Probably better with mediums like you say...?

4. eleblanc

eleblanc

Media:
    Albums:
    Yeah my truck is a BJ42, I'm going to go with the heavy rear, ARB told me get the heavy kit and remove a leaf. And that makes sense. Also told me most people go with the firmer shock on the rear.

5. Greg_B

Greg_B

My suggestion is always to order the heavy packs, and removed leaves to get the ride you want. Keep the spare leaves for the future.

With the flatspot on the bottom of the OME, you can not simply use any leaf. Best to have the correct one sitting there, and if your load needs change, or simply due to age...drop the pack, put in the leaf and you are done. No ordering, no waiting, no extra charges.

hth's

gb

6. Tapage

Tapage Club 4X4 Panamá SILVER Star

My advice .. go with the heavys .. and for flex pull out the load leaf in the rear spirng pack.

7. eleblanc

eleblanc

Media:
    Albums:
    Don't know how long it usually take for US customers to get a spring kit from ARB, but according to my local shop if i place a order the spring comes from Australia and it won't be here for at least 5-6 weeks, crazy...

Since i'll be parking my truck for the winter i'm going to wait until spring maybe then i'll go with something else.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">