Old Man Emu BP-51 Adjustable Shocks for Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

hamishpotter

SILVER Star
Threads
looks like around $500 / corner

I know on the 200's they had some initial noise issues when cold but got good reviews..... but for that $ Icons w/ CDC's would be worth considering.... I loved them on my 200 and they may find their way onto the new 80 once we finsh baselining and the light build touches...

E

Thanks Eric, yeah I'm going down the long and windy Icon / King road, and both have a longer track record than OME resi's. If they were $300 a corner I'd consider.

Right now I'm in the digressive vs. progressive damping swamp, and it seems progressive/Kings might better suit me than Icons; softer ride over small bumps then more dampening for harder hits. plus the Kings seem to have more valving options so I could make them more linear if that makes more sense. What were you thinking for the 80?

I'm looking into all of these options as well, my cruiser is 100% stock and all of the suspension is just plain worn out. I was going to get the Dobinsons stock springs (says +.75") but I was kinda stuck on shocks. On my wheeler (96 Tacoma) I run icon coilovers and 10" king 2.5 rear resis. I like them both but I know nothing of OME

I dont disagree on the Kings logic.... proximity to a servicer also is a factor to consider. they likely will need rebuilding at 40-50k and if you want to adjust the dampening or tweak them it's really nice not to have to send them out ( in fact icon doens't do that anymore.. it's all dealer service I believe)

I also loved the ADS/ SLEE's I had on my 40th as a DD and on fireroads..... but the Icons spoiled me with the adjusters..... it's like having 2 suspensions, but I've only had them on the 100 and 200's..... hoping to find someone local with either the Icons or Kings with adjsuters to check out....

E

I dont disagree on the Kings logic.... proximity to a servicer also is a factor to consider. they likely will need rebuilding at 40-50k and if you want to adjust the dampening or tweak them it's really nice not to have to send them out ( in fact icon doens't do that anymore.. it's all dealer service I believe)

I also loved the ADS/ SLEE's I had on my 40th as a DD and on fireroads..... but the Icons spoiled me with the adjusters..... it's like having 2 suspensions, but I've only had them on the 100 and 200's..... hoping to find someone local with either the Icons or Kings with adjsuters to check out....

E

I didn't think about that, I live about 5mi from SDHQ which is a major icon dealer, tuner and service center. I think they do other brands as well but icons is what they have on all the signs. I suppose it would be nice to have everything tweaked to my liking like I had done on the truck.

I didn't think about that, I live about 5mi from SDHQ which is a major icon dealer, tuner and service center. I think they do other brands as well but icons is what they have on all the signs. I suppose it would be nice to have everything tweaked to my liking like I had done on the truck.

Im only 10 miles from them, they ain’t cheap, but stuff is in stock!

Im only 10 miles from them, they ain’t cheap, but stuff is in stock!

Yeah their prices aren't cheap at all haha, but all of the stuff I needed done was last minute and in one day. It's all held up well so far and they got my valving spot on. I'd probably buy somewhere else and have them tune it.

@cruiseroutfit knows all about these. i would be considering them for sure if i was looking.

We have ours on order, pre-selling them until they arrive. I've had the BP-51 on my 200 for nearly 3 years, I like it :D

Does anyone know if the BP-51's are rebuild-able? Or what the expected lifespan is for a 85% on road rig?

Does anyone know if the BP-51's are rebuild-able? Or what the expected lifespan is for a 85% on road rig?

Yes, fully servicable. I'd expect 3-5 years between service

Knowing ARB and OME they probabaly put a lot of testing and R&D into these shocks. Judging from the quality of most arb products these should be quite nice, I even like the finish on the shocks.

Although Having wide range of adjustability is very nice but At the same time you can adjust the shocks to be garbage. Compression is one thing but adding rebound could complicate things. Would be very interesting but expensive to try though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom