Old Man Emu 2?" Lift shock search (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1985 Toyota Lancruiser FJ60 with an OLd Man Emu suspension and I need new shocks. The front shocks have N88 A11AU983 stamped on them and as far as I can measure extended they are approx 26"/660.4mm and 17"/431.8mm when compressed. The rear shocks are stamped with N42 A02N0965 and measure 24.5"/622.3mm extended and 15.5"/393.7mm compressed. I am having a hell of a time finding the appropriate replacement shocks. So, I assume the maximum travel is 9" ish, I've searched for 6 hours trying to find the same shocks with no positive results. Please help if you can, thanks.

I have a 1985 Toyota Lancruiser FJ60 with an OLd Man Emu suspension and I need new shocks. The front shocks have N88 A11AU983 stamped on them and as far as I can measure extended they are approx 26"/660.4mm and 17"/431.8mm when compressed. The rear shocks are stamped with N42 A02N0965 and measure 24.5"/622.3mm extended and 15.5"/393.7mm compressed. I am having a hell of a time finding the appropriate replacement shocks. So, I assume the maximum travel is 9" ish, I've searched for 6 hours trying to find the same shocks with no positive results. Please help if you can, thanks.
@cruiseroutfit

Call cruiser outfitters. They are the most knowlegable OME vendors in America and probably have everything in stock for you at a great price too.

Here's a link to the current OME application guide.

Important: For Rear Shocks, Post 1986 vehicles have 19mm mounting pin and accept shock part no's 60065 & 60062.
Pre '86 models have 16mm mounting pin and use 60064 & 60032.
I have a 1986 (manufactured in 1985) and needed the 60064.

BTW, OME Nitrocharger shocks are very stiff. The ride will be noticeably more jiggly driving on the road compared to the comfy stock shocks

Funny that, on my rig, swapping from 25 year old Monroe “gasmatics” to the OME NitroChargers was about as close to a life changing experience as I’d imagine possible.

Ride quality was improved from the equivalent of riding in a Calistoga wagon to that of a modern luxury SUV.

And so far I don’t mind the firm ride at all - but that may be my selection bias at work.

I sized the same shocks out in bilstein. They’re much better than OME for me.

Thank you for the replies, I'm pretty new at the online forum platform so I appreciate the insight. I did call Cruiser Outfitters and they were awesome, they cross referenced the old shocks, found the new replacement ones. No tax and shipped to Maine in a couple days for less than Amazon. Apparently there was only one spring/shock lift offered by OME for the 85 FJ60, but I also bought the alternative bushing kit in case of issues for $15. Thanks again the help/direction/advice was invaluable.

Curious - what’s the part number you picked up? Glad it worked out.

Thank you for the replies, I'm pretty new at the online forum platform so I appreciate the insight. I did call Cruiser Outfitters and they were awesome, they cross referenced the old shocks, found the new replacement ones. No tax and shipped to Maine in a couple days for less than Amazon. Apparently there was only one spring/shock lift offered by OME for the 85 FJ60, but I also bought the alternative bushing kit in case of issues for $15. Thanks again the help/direction/advice was invaluable.
That’s great! Glad you got it sorted out. This forum truly is an invaluable tool. You have no idea how much you can learn from all these people! Never hesitate to ask. You will almost always get some help. The search function on the forum is lackluster so it is suggested that you use google or your favorite search browser. Type your question and add “Ih8mud” at the end and you’ll get better search results.
Welcome to the forum! :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom