old gas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

red66toy

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Ok so since my cruiser has no doors and the carb is being rebuilt and it has been raining here a lot it has been sitting for months without being driven. I have started it a couple times a month ago but that is it. I was wondering what I should do with the partial tank of gas that is in the tank. I put some fuel treatment stuff in there a while back to get rid of water just in case. Should I drain all the bad gas out? I don't have the money to fill the tank up($2 a gallon). Thanks for any help. Oh and it is in a garage.

If it has only been sitting a few months (and not a few years), I'd just crank her up and go. Especially since you put the gas dryer into it.

:cheers:

The have some stuff at the auto parts store you can put in your tank. Dave's right, a couple of months is not a big deal, but it might give you piece of mind.

Thanks guys, as you can see I am a little paranoid. :p

what you are looking for is called stable (not sure on spelling) i used it years ago, good stuff it keeps the gas from seperating and turning to varnish. any good auto store should have it.

As long as the fill neck has not been open, permitting junk to get into the tank, you should be fine, as long as you have added Stabil fuel stabilizer...

Good luck!

-Steve

I don't see what the big deal is about a half a tank? If I where you why don't you just drain it out? It's not that hard. If you really don't wan't to drain it out just by some treatment like "dry gas" and put it in your tank. If you do drain your tank don't get any in your eye it hurts. :whoops: :D :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom