Old CCOT Rear Quarter P Quetion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So many years ago, in a cloud of exhaust fumes, I decided to order CCOT quarter panels and wheel wells and cut off the rear of my '76 FJ40. About three weeks ago, I got serious. The pics show the status. As per CCOT instructions, I have left the channel around the top of the rear quarters. I have also left the ambulance door hinge mounts.

I have the new rear side channels, but am unsure if I can just cut the old ones off clean or whether I need something more to weld the new quaters to other than the new rear channels.

The pics show the left and rights rear channels.

Anyone directions as to the rear channels are appreciated. I would also like to hear any commenst as to the CCOT wheel wells, supports and quarters generally. Thanks. Dsansted
DSC02217.JPG
DSC02229.JPG
DSC02230.JPG

Well, I did what you're doing about 5 years ago and I think my pics are still on ccot's web site on how to cut your tub rail. Not sure I understand your question. I just welded my qp's to the downward pillars connecting the tub to the rear channel, no other support needed. Also welded at the bottom to the sheet metal covering the rear channel.
Hope this helps.

Welding

The channels I mention are where you must have welded the qps..I guess nothing else is required...thanks...Did you also save the gas tank access and amb. door hinges?

Yep, I took their advice and cut around the ambulance door hinges and mine is a '77 so i used their hole for the gas tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom