Builds Old Blue Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Old Blue is getting close to be able to put up for sale...

IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_2045.jpg

You don’t have to cut that shock tower as much if you use the later model 60 shaft. The joint is much smaller.

I thought that one looked awful big and obtrusive. Since I cut quite a bit out, my plan was to weld some good, thick angle on the back of it to give it's strength back.

I think you did this but make sure the box is as far back as possible so you don't have to cut your bib. Use the upper portion of the 60 shaft to weld to your original stub after installing the lower support bearing.

20220219_104656.jpg

20220219_110100.jpg

20220219_100401.jpg

20220219_111533.jpg

20220219_115252.jpg

Don’t know if you read everything or not, but I am selling this rig because I purchased another one. Also to help fund an HDJ80 purchase. Never the less, I did make the mounting holes as close to the shock tower as possible. Thanks for the info, though.

Don’t know if you read everything or not, but I am selling this rig because I purchased another one. Also to help fund an HDJ80 purchase. Never the less, I did make the mounting holes as close to the shock tower as possible. Thanks for the info, though.
I did read it, I assumed you'll be doing this again on your new tan 40?

The '80 has factory power steering, but I imagine I will opt for this setup, as it's undoubtedly stronger. Oh... thanks for the pics!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom