Old AA nv4500 t/c adapter help needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I found an old style AA nv4500 to toyata 16 spline t/c adapter. It's complete but very different from the current adapter they sell. I am planning on putting a 2005 gm 6.0L lq4 in front of a 1993 gm nv4500... I have the tranny and engine. Are ther any issues with using this old style adapter? Will I need to move the tranfer case or will it cause issues with placement of shifter,; will I still have room for the v8? Any help would be great and any thoughts on this conversion would be nie as well. The new style is # 50-0213 the old style the one i found is 50-0201. I have been told that the old style will add 2" to the lenth of the tranny however it retains the stock harmonic balancer in the nv4500.

:confused:

thanks

IMHO, if it were me, I'd bag your idea and go with the latest and greatest from AA. I would imagine if you have a problem in your install that you would have to start from scratch with the right parts. Personally it's not worth the risk, time and effort it would take to try to fit together old parts.

Regardless of which adapter you use, you'll have to engine mounts forward and move the transmission/transfer mounts back. Do it once with the right parts. When we did my swap it was a real PITA to get the entire drive train to fit correctly. Fortunatly everything worked out.

Last edited:
FYI, I have the same general setup / GM v8 5.7 / nv4500 / stock tc, and my driveshaft is SHORT! another two inches would make it near impossible. You may be able to get by by moving your axle back, ie: flipping springs or going with new spring mounts (moved) and FJ55 springs for added droop, this will help your dshaft length out. Being SOA will make it even harder as your angles will be even more, vs SUA. Personally I would call AA and ask them their opinion, let us know as I would be interested to hear what they say.

Noah

I have the newer style AA adaptor with 5.7L chev and nv4500. My rear driveshaft is 21". I still have the stock crossmember in place behind the transfer case. SUA, 4" springs, no vibrations etc. Hard to say how much grief that extra 2" might cause. I know there are shorter driveshafts than mine that run without issues.

Also, is the length of the 6.0 the same as a standard small block?

Its been a while. I took your advise and scrapped the idea of using the older adapter and went to Downey and got all my goodies... all the latest and greatest and probably a few things I do not need. I talked with AA and they strongly reccomended not using the old adapter. Driveshaft lenth issues. Thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom