OKC Informal meet up... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As we discussed last month...Thursday, October 12 at Hooters on NW Expressway.

Hope to see you there...

Keith

I thought that was when we had decided...I think there may have been some confusion in another thread 'bout it being on Sat. the 14th. I believe Okie_dave from Tulsa was thinking about coming down if it was Sat.

I'm down for whichever day works best. Maybe we could meet at Hooters thursday night and then on Saturday we could have a WAT (wrench-a-thon) at my place. I've got plenty to do to my rig and if anyone needs anything done then I have most of the tools you'll need.

Let me know what 'cha think!

Matt

I was thinking it was this Thursday. I was hoping to have the 60 in shape to go but I doubt I make it. I might still make but it might be in the Honda or Chevy. Have to see when the time comes.

12th is correct

sorry, I replied with the wrong date. 2nd Thursday for meeting is October 12th, not the 14th.

See you guys at Hooters on Thursday! and hopefully the rest of ya'll at the Disney picnic.

Bo

Last edited:
What ever runs! Honda, Rover, bicycle....My 40 is still out of commission until I get that radiator replaced, and a rebuilt carb, and new muffer, and and and and ........mean while my Rover will cruise just fine which probably what I'll take to fall picnic so I really test it out on the trails.

Bo ;)

Bo - my nephew has a radiator distribution house in Stillwater if you want an aftermarket radiator.

Dave

Thanks Dave. I'm buying a used one from Bret that needs a minor braising repair. If it doesn't work out, I'll get with you on how I can contact your nephew for one. Heck, you may as well post it here just in case some else want's one too.

:)
Bo

As you know by now - I did not make the OKC meeting. too much going on. Maybe Novemeber.

Bo - Action Automotive in Stillwater - not sure of the number but it is easy to locate on the Net - talk to Glen - he can get any radiator you need. He might have a different name for the radiator part but I know you can reach him that way.

Dave

Cool Dave, called over there . Action Auto Repair was there shop name. They only carry one FJ40 Radiator special oredered out of ST Louis - $430. Yikes! I didn't know they were that high or maybe it was a HD one.

RE: Meeting. Maybe Hooters wasn't a hot idea (sounded good), and I felt a little guilty being served by a flirty girl, if you know what i mean. I'm sure the other guys liked it thought ;). He he.. just my luck, my wife gave me a hard time about it.

Turn out wasn't as good as last meeting. Hmmm. We did talk about some fun things we could do for an upcoming river run here in the city. So stay posted, and we'll see what we can conjur up. Matt, Scott and I will probably do some pre-runs to get a good feel for whats out there and then we can get some newbies out and to see if we can break-in some trucks!

Next meeting is November 9th, (2nd Thursday). Place unknown (TBA), unless we vote for Hooters again.

Bo

Darn - I had no idea 40 radiators were that high! He gave me a good price on the 75 Malibu radiator - cheaper than anyone in Tulsa by 20 or 25%.

Maybe we should find a place in Stroud. Halfway between T-Town & OKC.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom