OKC Area Meetings / Multi Club 4X4 Meetings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
updated from previous thread....
:cheers:This is Bo from Cafe Bella. No offense taken from those who commented about the Cafe location for OKC area meetings. I believe we choose it there becuase I was the first too my place, and it has unlimited parking. I'm a co-owner of the entire corner lot for the complex so designated parking as needed for events is not a problem. I do agree the upscale Cafe itself doesn't fit the average mold for a 4X4 enthusiast hang out, so a BBQ/Hamburger/Beer joint would be more suitable (as long as there's no drinking and wheel'n ;). [no offense intended to any upscale 4x4 enthusiast]...BBQ & Hamburgars just sounds much better to me ;)

Also, if more members are north of town then, a new location near edmond would be logistically better, especially for Tulsa/Kansas members providing a shorter trip, but not so for Dallas guys. (just depends on the numbers I guess & those interested on attended so chime in your thoughts!)...but hey, if you want continue at the cafe until we find more suitable spot, then ya'll always welcome at my place.

One's things for sure...we DO need to keep meeting somewhere to keep participation and club interest going strong. I do like the idea of that location near dirt or anything we can climb and conquer!

How about that canadian river. Heard all sorts of 4 wheelers hang out there all along the dried out riverbed from south OKC all the way past Norman. Anyone know of any put-in spots and nearby restuarants we can dwell at around there.

[Multi Club Meetings]
I've also posted some threads on the GCC and OKRovers website about starting a general meetup for selected 4X4 clubs. I say selected because I'm not familiar with all the clubs and which ones are good vs a pack of :censor: loonies! I would imagine the turn out would be 10 fold since the participating clubs would have a handfull of active members showing. Maybe we can get betters sponsers, like OKOffroad.com/WARN, etc. if needed. Any comments?

Bo
"Taipan" - ...Worlds most poisonous snake

Hey Bo!

Glad to see you back posting, have you been lurking this long?? 8)

Riverrock97 said:
Hey Bo!

Glad to see you back posting, have you been lurking this long?? 8)

Alright, I'm a moron. I hit enter or something.

Anyway, regarding the OKC meetings:

I've been busy here, and I've bought two "cruisers" since the last meeting I've been to, so I'm dying to get to meeting to show 'em off!

I've always like going to your Cafe, Bo! Thanks for hosting us for the last few years. You're not that far of a drive for me either. I also sense that it is a bit of a 'trek' for the north OKC'ers every time we have it.

What is the solution? I don't know, but we need some input from everyone in the Greater Oklahoma City area to find one that will work.

We definately need higher club participation here in the metro, whether its from the GCC or a few other clubs combined.

I like the idea of BBQ and Hamburgers also, but without being outside standing in 105 degree temps. But hopefully the end of the heat wave is in sight, so that shouldn't be an issue much longer.

Should we keep it at Cafe Bella at 89th and S. Penn, or move it northward around Memorial and N. Penn to help boost attendance and participation?

Let's get some input from everyone about this!!

What does everyone suggest?

Funny, I heard of IH8Mud.com, but was too busy to check it out and never really knew what it was. Pretty darn cool website!

Note to self: If you want a life, DO NOT OPEN A RESTAURANT! It will suck you dry along with the dry rot of the tires on the your 4X4 due to neglect of good & soggy dirt :)

Bo

speaking of memorial and N. penn, a new BBQ place just opened called swadley's BBQ. its actually between penn and may on memorial next to a Pep Boys. But on the other side of it, theres a huge parking lot for a sporting goods store thats always empty. I haven't eaten there or anything but i thought this would be a good location. just a suggestion.
scott

senorscott said:
speaking of memorial and N. penn, a new BBQ place just opened called swadley's BBQ. its actually between penn and may on memorial next to a Pep Boys. But on the other side of it, theres a huge parking lot for a sporting goods store thats always empty. I haven't eaten there or anything but i thought this would be a good location. just a suggestion.
scott

Yeah, there's a Swadley's down off of 89th and S. Western. When I initially ate there, I thought it sucked. But I've been there since, and it wasn't too bad.

Their loaded baked potatos ROCK!

Maybe we should check into doing it there??

What does everyone say?

Riverrock97 said:
What does everyone say?

I say lets do it.

I am wondering if we have thought anymore about changing the meeting night as well. Someone mentioned it earlier...Tulsa meetings switched to a weekday. We had great success with a Thursday night meeting (7:00pm) in Dallas with both TTR and LSLC.

I noticed on the GCC webpage that their is no meeting schedule for August? Did I miss something? I would love to get involved.

Matt

P.S. Thanks Bo for being stand-up about switching the meeting place. I def. meant no disrespect.

P.S.S. I kinda like the idea of meeting with some other groups...the rover group is cool...maybe even a Jeep or two...:doh: We'll convert them all to our way of thinking!!

Matt - There is a meeting in Tulsa at Ollie's tomorrow - Aug 19th - at noon.

Come on down!!!!

I'm down with a wednesday or thursday night. Those nights are better for me than a weekend.

I like the Thursday night idea, weekends are always packed it seems. Further North is better since I am in North Edmond.

Later,
Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom