1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okay Rightwingers...

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by swank60, Aug 8, 2005.

1. swank60

swank60

I'm curious to know what you guys think about this:

Military Drafts War Plans In Case of Attack on U.S.
    Plans that envision 15 potential crisis scenarios in which the military would take charge represent a historic mission shift for the Pentagon.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/07/AR2005080700843.html

Freightdog - you need to start building that bunker and buying assault rifles. I'll be out with the fam soon. ;)

2. fsusteve

fsusteve

Media:
    Albums:
    Didn't read the whole thing but we've already done several fairly large scenerios with the US military involved. Actually works out well as they are used to dealing with the large scale logistics. I truly believe things will be much worse before they get better, 9/11 did more than just bring down a building, it showed our vulnurability now every a****** with a cause will be knocking on our door.

3. Cruiserhead05

Cruiserhead05 SILVER Star

Swank, im guessing there is something you dont like about this?

Forgive me, but please explain your position...what are your criticism on this?

I've heard much talk about how we were not prepared when 9/11 happened and it could have been handled better. Now, proper planning seems to be in action, why is this such a bad thing?

4. swank60

swank60

I'm not looking to give my opinion, I'm looking to get other's opinions. ;)

5. flintknapper

flintknapper

I'm waiting before responding also. This one could get WAY off track.

6. Cruiserhead05

Cruiserhead05 SILVER Star

Very well, based on your wording i'll guess you dont like the article.

I for one think its fine, the last thing it does is piss me off or make me worried or anything like that. Better, and more proper planning is taking place so that we might be safer. I'm glad scenarios such as this are being run through.

7. swank60

swank60

Seriously - I'm not in attack mode here. (Jack with Public Radio or TV, and I'll rip you a new one) I'm just curious because there are a lot of political implications here...

Steve - In what you've done, is the military mostly involved in logistical/personel support?

8. wob

wob

Oh, this is just part of the normal planning that the Illuminati have put in place so that the military-industrial complex can slide into power under the guise of martial law.

:flipoff2:

9. swank60

swank60

I'm not crazy about it. But my issues has more to do with border protection...

10. swank60

swank60

:idea:

wob, I bet you're a Free Mason, aren't you?

11. fsusteve

fsusteve

Media:
    Albums:
    I think Swank has some concerns about military control on US soil as well he should. I don't envision that happening realistically, Emergency Services and the FBI have it pretty well orchastrated now, pending an actual invasion (ie Red Dawn) I see involvment but not total control.

12. wob

wob

nope.

I'm a bilderberger. :D

Man, don't any of you people listen to what the dogstarmessenger is preaching?
    :rolleyes:

13. LongIsland60

LongIsland60

I hear they have a big 'puter up in the mountains there running through all the scenarios. They took the humans out of the loop a while back and as long as no punk kids dial in looking for the latest computer games we are pretty safe.

14. freightdog

freightdog

It is already built - then we will raid the mormon neighbors stockpiled food - I have never seen so much food - these Momo's are prepared)

Problem is I do not think anyone would ever find Pinon! Kinda like my favorite old movie - Red Dawn...

My wife and her favorite t-shirt...

I am not thrilled with "W" - but the alternative was unthinkable...

As for Masons - if I lived where I could become one - I would! But I do not think they would like my "mixed" marriage...

When it comes to the Illuminati - who has been reading Angels and Demons...

15. fsusteve

fsusteve

Media:
    Albums:

This actually got discussed at the last drill, we basically sealed of a small town near here and treated it as if there was a radioactive release (dirty bomb). The US Army was involved and were extremely helpful in providing equipment and advice. They made it quite clear that they didn't want or desire to "take over" the management of such situations, they prefer to be advisors. Yeah, yeah I know we started as advisors in Vietnam, but after discussing it with them there is no real way they could take total control and be able to maintain it with any sense of authority, legally, logistically, or personnel wise.

16. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    Albums:
    I think they should just draft 1/2 the population of Atlanta and boost the Army's morale a little.

ATL..........Holla Back!!!!.....................Oops...except Noah. They don't like little white boy Saab driving princesses..........

17. swank60

swank60

I do worry about that a little. This article makes it sound more situational, so it's not like national martial law would happen. However, if something happened in Fort Worth, then there could be a chance for it. (That doesn't sit well with me at all)

There's a ton that goes along with that from my POV. It makes me question the whole approach to "homeland security", why local and state agencies are getting the shaft, and why the big push for tax cuts in the middle of all this (not to mention the expense of the war in Iraq). It also doesn't speak at all to the border security issues.

I don't know how often I hear folks on this board talk about their reason for carrying a gun (legally or not)...yet they're perfectly okay with the military coming in and setting up shop in the middle of their town and pushing them around.

Also, this sort of seems like the National Guard's job...

18. swank60

swank60

Can you wire in the dukes of hazzard horn to a Bradley fighting machine? :gufaw:

19. TJDIV

TJDIV Back in The U.P.

Media:
    Albums:

You bet yer ****in' boots I can.

With Train Horns. Who the hell would fight back against that? A tank blasting Dukes ...........with a billboard of Jessica Simpson on the front? Painted Orange.......#01 on the side.

****'em.

20. swank60

swank60

That's a good thing.

It makes you wonder though - what would 9-11 been like if the military would have jumped in? Better, worse? Would have any more lives been saved?