Okay, I'm keeping the 60. Which OME springs should I buy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
You may have seen an earlier post where I was selling my FJ60 but I've decided to keep the truck. Will give it a quick refresh then it will be going to my 15yr old for his first car.

Looking for ~2" lift. If I go with med springs how stiff will this ride?

'Stiff' is 100% relative
I know I'd get my 15 year old almost any other vehicle than a 60 series.....especially now that they are appreciating. Odds are quite good that a 15 year old will wreck/bash/destroy a 4wd as their first car.
Its slow, parts are hard to find/rare, and requires somewhat common maintenance.

Last edited:
i on the other hand love the idea. something he can learn to fix and wrench on and spend time with you!! i have mediums on mine and they are prefect as far as i’m concerned with a front and rear steel 4plus bumper. i can tow a boat and it’s not too saggy. i did haul a 5000 lb car hauler and that made the back day a bit. if you have a lot to carry the. the heavies are good but i found the rough. i took a leaf out to make them the mediums. it’s better this way

I have the heavies on 2 of mine. The ride is fine to me, but the rear will sit up higher than you may want. If you are going to install a winch bumper and winch in the front you need the heavy there to deal with the extra weight, in my opinion. You could probably go with mediums all the way around if you are not using a winch in the front.

If you give the folks at Cruiser Outfitters a call they can talk you through it.

'Stiff' is 100% relative
I know I'd get my 15 year old almost any other vehicle than a 60 series.....especially now that they are appreciating. Odds are quite good that a 15 year old will wreck/bash/destroy a 4wd as their first car.
Its slow, parts are hard to find/rare, and requires somewhat common maintenance.

If the truck had sold I would certainly get him something different but I have too many cars in the driveway to buy another for him just to have this one sit. But yes, I'll probably regret letting him crash this truck.

i on the other hand love the idea. something he can learn to fix and wrench on and spend time with you!! i have mediums on mine and they are prefect as far as i’m concerned with a front and rear steel 4plus bumper. i can tow a boat and it’s not too saggy. i did haul a 5000 lb car hauler and that made the back day a bit. if you have a lot to carry the. the heavies are good but i found the rough. i took a leaf out to make them the mediums. it’s better this way

I'll probably go with mediums. I don't have a reference and wanted to make sure they weren't too tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom