SOLD OK: SM420 Transmission and 3 speed transfer case (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bripars40

SILVER Star
Threads
I have a SM420 with 3 speed bellhousing, adapter plate to a FJ40 3 speed transfer case, parking brake drum, transfer case stiffeners from @orangefj45. I purchased this off MUD a few years ago and it ran well while installed behind my 2F. Sometimes 3rd gear will stick a little, but I think that has more to do with the shift linkage. The only reason I am selling is I broke my 2F and it has given me the final push to install a different engine, trans, and transfer in my 40.

The units are in great condition and I have the shifter and top plate for the transmission. It also includes an adapter for the Toyota transfer case shifter linkage.

History: the transmission was a military spec unit that was an airport spare transmission that was never used and was sold at a government auction. The adapter plate appears to be a Wardens adapter plate so it's the thinner style. The tcase is in good condition and I was told it had been gone through before the units were put together.

This is a complete setup for a SM420 to be installed into an FJ40 or FJ60. I will include the bellhousing mount brackets as well, and if you're interested I'll throw in the master cylinder, slave cylinder, and speedo cable.

I am asking $650 for the setup and I am willing to ship via Fastenal if the buyer arranges shipping.

**The pictures are from when I purchased the unit. They are currently installed in my truck so I don't have updated pictures with the stiffener plate, drum brake, etc.

image (1).png

image.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom