OK, Plugs are changed

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by Jukelemon, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Jukelemon

Jukelemon

I will post up pics a bit later. I am waiting on my PCV valve from cruiserdan so I will snap a couple on that as well.

Took me right at 45 minutes. I think I could do it in about 30 minutes knowing what I know now.

Just a FYI, my Iridiums looked fine although I imagine there is some internal composition loss i.e. spark has decreased because of internal wear. Left bank took about 10 minutes. Right bank 20 minutes.

Again, I find it disturbing that a dealer would charge over 200.00 in labor to do what they call a tune up i.e. change plugs and replace filter. And get this, when I told my service fellow that I was going to r&r the plugs myself, he says, man, you are dealing with an interference engine. I would really recommend not doing that. LOL!

I went with the Bosch +2's. I'll report back on them. I have heard very very poor reviews on the Bosch +4's just in case you were wondering about them.

Happy F day fellows!

2. spressomon

spressomon glutton Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    I heard the same thing, about the Bosch 4-prong plugs, from the guy that sold me the 2-prong Bosch...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.