Ok I messed up- help me out with this rear sway bar dilemma (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lp2k

Had a couple of drinks.. saw a couple of things
Threads
Hey all

So working on the 80 trying to drive it to a local meet this new year eve.

Realized my upgraded sway bar from Whiteline isn’t lining up (despite my purchase of a extended drop bracket from Slee ).

I am able to get one bolt in but this just doesn’t look right. I think I need an adjustable sway bar link but I don’t know if that’s made. Maybe y’all know of someone who is making them?

The long term alternative is to get the later model bracket and retro fit it but I really want to keep this side bracket I have. Any thought or pictures of others who were able to fix this is appreciated.

9C214966-4913-4602-A55D-9C134C5E01EE.jpeg

51A311F1-6C9F-431A-80B5-ED3E1596878C.jpeg

E7E5C715-4544-40B0-825C-6A068B593D5B.jpeg

Hey all

So working on the 80 trying to drive it to a local meet this new year eve.

Realized my upgraded sway bar from Whiteline isn’t lining up (despite my purchase of a extended drop bracket from Slee ).

I am able to get one bolt in but this just doesn’t look right. I think I need an adjustable sway bar link but I don’t know if that’s made. Maybe y’all know of someone who is making them?

The long term alternative is to get the later model bracket and retro fit it but I really want to keep this side bracket I have. Any thought or pictures of others who were able to fix this is appreciated.

View attachment 2877961

View attachment 2877962

View attachment 2877963

Thanks @LandCruiserPhil im on my phone but when I get home I’ll check the YouTube video. Is that the video on how to install the rivnut ?
Yes
Also note if you use our links you are NOT required to grind the swaybar to fit the mount.

20211229_124340.jpg

20211229_124353.jpg

I also attached bracket to frame, sway bar (whiteline) to bracket, then tightened up sway bar bushing brackets.

The side mount system is quite susceptible to failure which is made worse when you lengthen the drop which gives more leverage to breaking the bolts.

I also offer a solution with a boxed under frame bracket kit and extended links that work with HD bars without grinding. Links are a beefed up design of the stock link and are rebuildable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom