Ok i know its in here somewhere?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.cascadeclimbs.com
Before I start yet another thread so you experts can help me, where is the best place to tap into the vacuum system to

get a reading on vacuum levels? I will add that info to my list of jets and troubles I am having with my 77 FJ40

What you want is "manifold" vacuum.
Any vacuum line on the manifold or carb base below the throttle should work.
If you have an existing line there, you may want to add a "tee" to connect up your gauge.

Thx,

I just want to get all the vitals before I ask any questions. I have pics that I will upload as well so ya'll can take a look at the spagetti of vacuum lines I have wew!

Short version is that I bought her about 10 years ago and she has always had a flat spot after initial acceleration at about 40mph. Finally went in and rebuilt the carb but still there.

I'll add more after a bit got to go mow the lawn before it gets dark and the rain moves in, darn Oregon weather!

Thx, again!

I think that you may have a vacuum operated secondary, but if you've got all of the smog hoses and switches, I have no experience with that. When you're ready, I would recommend a new thread with a title that is more meaningful like (Stock 77-Flat spot in acceleration) if you want to get the carb experts and 77 owners who might have seen the same thing to jump in.

Thanks for the advice and will do on the thread.
My initial reading was 8!
I only cut the ends off of the three lines that go into the manifold fitting and it went up to 15 (or down to)
Hmmm vacuum leak perhaps? I think I might be due for some new lines. Will start that thread though and see if there is any of those many lines that I can get rid of with pics.
Thx again

Lawn is done :)

I think you look just fine. But you do need a little beauty rest.:cheers:

To keep this from going chat, I get my vacuum readings from the brake booster hose.

Thank you for the input
I replaced all the hoses, well almost all as I bought 21 feet (all they had) and still was short! I cut the ends off of a couple old ones and used them instead for just a couple shorter sections.
I was able to bring up the vacuum to 16 at idle but it moves a small amount, about .5 back and forth so not a solid reading.

In reading other posts perhaps idle mixture is off?

Where my vacuum reading comes from...it's easy.
vac 002.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom