ok , i have searched, not one pic shows the fuel screw on inline pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have looked high and low, as well as internet, i have a 81 bj42 with a inline pump. all the pics i have seen adjust the edic stop arm, this shurly is not right , there is a 12mm head bolt wired with a lock nut of aproxamatly 17 mm low on the back of the pump close to the block, this is all that i see that falls into this description, i have asked the same question on three different post's, please stop telling me to search, it does not werk, if you have searched and have found a clear pic, then please forward it or refence it in this post , i have a pyro attached and am familiar with engines, so all i need is the pic and not your opinion of what i might be able to do with this info. sorry to rant but in a week this has been frustrating to get this info. my injector pump has three different bolt heads saefty wired so i am not about to start messing with what might be wrong. as i have also said, my egts barly reach 500.

A large :beer: to the fella that hellps me out.

Myles

so the edic arm screw is what controls rack fuel? this does not make sence, and the first post there does not have a pic in it. the second onedoes but the edic arm stopper screw is circled?

Here is the two pictures.

Yah it seems strange. But this is the screw for adjusting the fuel load.

Give it a try. Worked for me. Remember to use some wire at the end after the final adjusment. Hate for it to come loose and over fuel.
IMAGE_032 this screw.jpg
injectorpump.jpg

What it probably does is change the position of the "run spot" when the arm is there, and has it in a more or less fuel set up.. But I dunno.

But I will say for others, no adjustments can be made with out a pyrometer gauge. It's too sensitive and you could damage the engine very easily.

jeez myles, you turn that screw it might void your warranty....:flipoff2:

but yeah, that one on the end does it. grab the edic arm when the engine is running, yank it one way it tries to die, yank it the other and it pumps out black smoke.

if you do that with the arm, it kinda makes sense what you have to do with the screw....

cheers,
ryan

well ok then, i just have to make shure it is running properly then cause my manual edic delte might stopo te arm from going that way all the way, oh well, here i go.

Let us know how it goes...

Start small. Little changes are noticeable IMOP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom