ok i have a set of 33/12.50/15 inch trxus mt swampers willthey fit stock 62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
ok heres the dealhow bad are 33 12/50 15s gonna rub on a stock cruiser. Im guessing the springs are almost flat it has 249.000 miles on odomiter.

I have the trxs 33s on mycj7.i decided if i willbe able to do somerock crawling with them on the cruiser i will use them.

Im going right now to take some pics of my cruiser i bought yesterday gonna get rim shots i dont think there stockers but there chrome.

Can i get away with shackels if sohow big a shackelorshould i get add a leafs?

Im hopeing i dont need a lift.

If your familyer with paragon offroad park iplan on doin blues in it.
Will they rub inside the wheel welloron outside lip?

Moneys tight so full blow lift kit out the question right now.

wHERE AM I MOST LIKELY TO RUB FRONT OR REAR Opps capslocks button :mad: if they mainly gonna rub on front i could always get a set of regular tsl or ltbs in a 9.50 for the front .please any adivice

Please any answer are gonna be wellcome.

Ide hate to have to trade a brand new set of tires with 400highway mileson them to get 32s.

so we have a jeep crossover
welcome here bud
33's will work with shackles.and not rub THAT bad.
umm rockcrawlin???with a stock 60.you better start building it.
you dont wanna rub get skinny tires.thats it.34-9.5, 33-10.5.lalalala.

There's really only one way to know for sure.

yup got a cj7 i spent more in storage then i have driveing it. everytime i put it on the road i race something then brake something. Smallblocks jeeps and 4 speeds what fun with the hondas.

Anywas thats another story.

I got the jeep in storage got the wheels sitting on it drove maybe 4 to 800 miles on the tr4xus loved them. drove my cj threw snow 12 inchs deep two wheel drive never had a problem.

It brakeing my hart they dont make a 32 trxus

how bad ya think they will rub doin beach driveing.

My purpose for the cruiser is i have a handicaped son with cerebral palsey and he cant walk. No room in a cj for a wheel chair uncomfortable for him to ride in pluss i brake it to much.

Now i will be able to take my son in some type of comfort and out of the weather when it get nasty out. Pluss me and my pops plan on doin some fishing gonna do hatteras for the blue and canda for the salmon hopefuly both by end of november in the cruiser .

landcruiserfirstpics002.jpg

landcruiserfirstpics004.jpg

can we say wimpy wimpy wimpy 235/75/15
Hopefully this be last pics of these tires on the cruiser.

intercos website claims an actual 33 inchs tall for there 33s and actualy 12.7 wide man im sceard
wich is gonna rub worse front or rear im guessing front. How you think it would wheel with a 9.50 33 on front i was thinking maybe a bfg at for the front beins they got a 9.50 and it only 120 something.then i would atleast have me three extra spares for when i pop one lol. :doh:
landcruiserfirstpics006.jpg

Last edited:
i hear you on the issue at hand.
and never say wimpy 235's ive seen cruisers whup s*** on 235's.get the 62 and make folks smile with it
good luck
shawn

o its bought i just forgot to take that one sign out the windshield to busy playing with buttons shifters knobs and looking in stuff.

anyoine ever herd of this tire tried this tire or think this tire worth giveing a shot beins they only gonna be on front?

Seems im limited on choices if i go with 9.50s on the front either bfg all terains or these imitations hmmmm http://www.justtires.com/justtires/...X&aspectratio=9.5&rimdiameter=15&sidewall=OWL

those stock, if they are stock spirngs looks good to me. If the springs were old and saggy, the rear tire would be ALOT closer the the inside of that fenderwell. That and just from the pic you can still see arch in the rear sprng.

For just driving on the beach it will rub little.

I DD 33x11.5's on my 1987 FJ60, and they don't rub. Only under full flex.

WckedMidas said:
o its bought i just forgot to take that one sign out the windshield to busy playing with buttons shifters knobs and looking in stuff.

anyoine ever herd of this tire tried this tire or think this tire worth giveing a shot beins they only gonna be on front?

Seems im limited on choices if i go with 9.50s on the front either bfg all terains or these imitations hmmmm http://www.justtires.com/justtires/...X&aspectratio=9.5&rimdiameter=15&sidewall=OWL

Cost wise I would just go with the BFG's You said $120 for BFG's, those are $118. I have some off brand BFG AT's on the wifes car now and they are great over 30K miles on them and they still have about 1/2 tread. They are called sidewinders.

Also, feel free to look around at used tires. I have a set of 31x10.5 BFG AT's for the wifes 4runner after the current tires are shot. Picked them up to go on the cruiser but ended up buying a lift. So I decided to keep them for her truck.

Picked up the tires waiting to go on my cruiser (lift and $) for $75 for the set then pciked up a spare for $35 and another spare for free. So I have 6 BFG MT's for $110! Deals are out there, just have to be willing to be patient!

ONly other thing I didnt see you ask about was the rims you have working with the 33x12.5 and that is discussed at length on several threads!

Props for figuring out some cool stuff to do with your son!

Two issues as I see it.

1. Wheels on a stock cruiser are 6" wide. Most prefer 8" rims for a 12.5 wide tire.

2. Tire height/width could work, depending on how hard you stuff them into the wheel wells. The stock suspension does not have enough clearance to prevent rubbing with those tires. To prevent rubbing completely, you'll need shackles/add-a-leaf/etc.

There are lots of posts on tires/suspensions. Do a search, see what others are using.

FWIW, going to 31X10.50 is a really easy option. Almost no downside. It'll work on the suspension, won't make much difference on gearing, will look lots better than the stock tires, and are make in large volume so tend to be pretty affordable.

I run 33X12.50s on 15X8s with 3.75bs on my 84 FJ60 with a 1in body lift, 1in of lift in the shackles and stock springs. Full flexed the front end almost rubs when the wheels are turned. I am sure if my BFGs were new they would hit.

HTH

today i discoverd a friend of mines dad is trying to get rid of 3 bfg AT 32/11.50/15s and two goodyear AT 32/11.50/15s
For 225.00
Sitting on chevy 5 lug rims. bummer they aint 6 lug.

These on stock rims i should be good right? Minimal ruybbing when stuffed i guess? Yes i no ima have to be carefull with air pressures for driveing on roads . Gonna have to find the happy medium air psi to prevent crowning on the tires. And now i dont have to start strippiung my jeep yet! Will i be alright on the backspaceing with a 11.50? or should i pick up a set of spacers for the front rims?

How do you think 2 bfg At and 2 Goodyear at will do. I no to be carefull of the mud with them. But how should they do on Wet rocks , snow, and sand?

they should work, will look a little goofy, but if the price is right jump on it!!

I say run the 33s if your not gonna be flexing alot. Take the cash for new tires and get some shackles or rearched springs if they end up rubbing. From recent threads it seems many feel 12.5 is okay (not ideal) and fairly safe on stock rims provided the beads set up okay to the rim. Although I think my rims are 8in wide, I run 33x12.5 without a lift and can articulate the hell out of my suspension with no rubbing. Seems weird how others don't have the clearance and others do? Maybe its also weird that my 60 has coilovers (PO I guess) in the back along with the leaf springs!

fjman said:
Seems weird how others don't have the clearance and others do? Maybe its also weird that my 60 has coilovers (PO I guess) in the back along with the leaf springs!

fjman,

are the coilovers on the shocks? If so they are just like a load helper. Or it seems that is what I remeber.

pics of the coilovers?

well i landed up picking up two bfg At 32/11.50/15s two goodyear At 32/11.50/15s and i think the fith one is a sidewinder maybe i duno its a bfg wanabe. Got them all for 225.00 the bfgs are like 95 percent tread. still got the little wear beads sticking off the treads on them. The goodyears are like half tread the oddball one is like 75 percent tread., I figure it like this i got two bfgs for 225 and the other three tires were free. LOL

DOne maybe 20 minutes of playing nothing serrious just a couple trails one tiny wooptydoo hill. Today im gonna tackle the biggest hill around . maybe 6 storys or more not real big but steep as all hell. Fun in the cj and my girls yj .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom