OK..... Here's the Pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need Bigger Tires.
Cabin LC Pic 1.jpg
Cabin LC Pic 2.jpg

Thanks for the tip, do you think 33's would look stuffed in there? I was thinking of 31's but not ruling out 33's. I need to factor in overall height too. After I installed the suspension I had to take off my roof rack to get it out of the garage
As far as rust goes there is no body rust. Mostly surface rust underneath except for a section on the drivers side floor board which is almost rusted through.
I got the truck from Colorado and the owner before him had it in Wyoming.

Nice, Where did you pick it up?
How wide are the tires?
Gary's are 12.5.
I am not sure I want to go that wide. Ideally I am looking for BFG 33x10.5 15.
Nobody carries them anymore. BFG is discontinuing that tire and are in the process of updating the part number

this 60 was owned by my late friend. His dad entrusted me with its upkeep so I had Jim C. rebuild the engine and now I am in the process of finishing the projects that were in process when he suddenly passed away about a year ago. He and I drove this 60 from central America to Cincinnati a couple years ago, it spent over 5 years in Belize.

The tires are 12.50 and yes, they are wide. I am thinking you would need a 10.5 as well but I am not for sure. The total lift is around 5" on this 60 I would guess.

Blue77FJ40 said:
Jeff, very nice. Are you the owner now?

yes, I am doing the title in PA today. It is a really nice 60 with loads of sentimental value... and it will ride nicely along next to Nymbert's 60 on the trail someday (hopefully with new meats ;) on your 60)!!!

Hmmmm. Well, unless you guys are gonna do green and low blues, you might want to protect that sweet skin with some mondo sliders. BOTH 60's that went on a blue trail, got their left front door panels crunched - in the same spot. You can see it in the 3/6 RC video. It was right near the rock creek. FJman was rightly bummed out.

Last edited:
New Meats it is

NEW MEATS Jeff!!! What do you think??
I went ahead and bit the bullet and went for new tires. I slapped on BFG 32x11.5's and was able to use the same wheel. Not the 33x10.5's I wanted but a close second. At $127 per tire installed I can't complain.
Blue77 your are correct, this baby won't be seeing any hardcore wheeling.
BFG2.jpg

that is on e sweet looking 60!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and Dan........ can you say BUNNY SLOPES:D the 60's are perfect to tool around on the greens and low blues:grinpimp: no body damage please, Nymbert can ride with me in the 55 if he wants to see some body damage:flipoff2:

I'll tell Burl that his 62 is only perfect for Bunny Slopes! I think you'll hear a few :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: from him LOL :D :D

Sorry for the hijack nymbert, but blues got me all flustered now. :mad: :flipoff2:
And who the hell is Burl??? IT'S BILL, lol ;p I'm not scared of some body damage, where I can get it with open diffs anyways :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: That video didn't show me taking some of the harder lines you avoided blue. :princess: :flipoff2: Too bad, LOL.
Seriously tho I'm glad were getting a nice collection of 60/62's around here now. I don't blame you guys for not wanting any body damage either. When my '88 is finished it won't be getting bounced off any trees/rocks for sure.

Hildy said:
Sorry for the hijack nymbert, but blues got me all flustered now. :mad: :flipoff2:
And who the hell is Burl??? IT'S BILL, lol ;p I'm not scared of some body damage, where I can get it with open diffs anyways :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: That video didn't show me taking some of the harder lines you avoided blue. :princess: :flipoff2: Too bad, LOL.
Seriously tho I'm glad were getting a nice collection of 60/62's around here now. I don't blame you guys for not wanting any body damage either. When my '88 is finished it won't be getting bounced off any trees/rocks for sure.

Nuthin to get uptight about, Hildy, I was teasing Jeff about a mutual friend, Burl out of Winchester, VA. Burl's 62 is locked, lifted, slidered, geared, and bodacious. If you go to CMCC, you will probably run into him.

Yes, I bypassed some of the muddier spots where I could, and was mostly put off by my springs creaking. It really bugged me. I now have longer shackles that should hopefully take care of that problem.

No more "Here comes Creaky" huh?

Felix said:
No more "Here comes Creaky" huh?

Hopefully not, but can't tell yet until I wheel. John was on the money where he said the spring were so long, they pushed past the little bit of articulation afforded by the stock length shackes. All my springs were pushed over to the side.:eek: I reset them when I put the longer shackles on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom