OK...CDL - Diff. Lock qustion #284 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Normandy Park Wa. ........now in San Diego Ca.
I have a 1993 FZJ 80 produced 7/1993
This is whats going on...I installed a CDL switch and did the pin 7 mod. When I engage the CDL I do NOT get a ABS light (I do get one when rig is started so I know light works). And I know the CDL is working when switch is engaged because it feels like I am tearing ruts into the asphalt when I turn.

AND

With the CDL switch engaged...the Diff. locks just keep blinking..tried turning on loose surface...stop-go...forward-back.....

Any IDEAS :idea:

Thanks again

Does your ABS light come on when you shift to 4 LOW? If not your problem probably isn't your switch or switch wiring, if the light does come on then it might be the switch or switch wiring. Maybe help narrow your problem down.

Does your center diff light blink or go solid (or not light at all)?

not a hot idea to be driving around on dry pavement with the cdl locked, a lot of unnecessary stress there.

No lights

I do not get any type indication light inside....No CDL light no ABS light...but as stated I know the CDL is working......:confused: :confused: :confused:

Then I would suspect the sensor on the back of the transfer case or its wiring as being faulty.

The light on the dash and ABS cutoff are triggered by a sensor, not the circuit that powers the difflock.

Look in the FAQ pages at sleeoffroad, the sensor is talked about there as an early way to get a similar effect as the pin7 mod (low range w/o center difflock, but did not disable ABS or change tranny shifting)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom