BaT OK 1976 FJ-55 (1 Viewer)

Bring-a-Trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 55 Series
Not mine....

very interesting indeed, will be watching, bet it goes for pretty penny!!

Hmm maybe I can convince the wife it is meant to be since I am going back to Oklahoma with a trailer in little over a week?

Yep, bet he had acquaintance bump it to weed out folks like me, looks to be TLC rig (in my opinion) very cool!!

I don’t really get that strategy of going from 18k to 45k. Your kinda betting against yourself

Probably bought it from guy in Montana and is simply flipping it on BaT without putting in his own name. Agree, seems like nice jump in price, seriously doubt a serious buyer would do this....and still 7 days to go.

This one was for sale by Vintage Cruisers a few years ago for $59,000. Must be where the present owner purchased it from. Originally a $100,000 + restoration by Jonathan Ward.

I figure the price is at the sellers reserve or close as set by a close acquaintance to the seller. Most TLC resto's are >100K and look incredible. I had hoped it would have been little lower but knew it was going to go higher and I will be seriously surprised if it doesn't go at least in the $60,000 range if it hasn't already.

This one was for sale by Vintage Cruisers a few years ago for $59,000. Must be where the present owner purchased it from. Originally a $100,000 + restoration by Jonathan Ward.
Hmmm what do you guys think it's worth today?

Having a hard time wrapping my head around it. On the pro side, $100k TLC work, market is hot, and this may be the best iron pig out there. Con: resto was in 1997, it's got some leaks now, and wasn't meaningfully upgraded (like Deo's FJ55 on an FZJ80 drivetrain).

Worth every penny of $55k, probably more, to someone wanting an OEM restoration. Leaks an easy fix. Body and trim much harder IF you can source the parts.

I agree with it being worth $55K, Jonathan Wards work doesn't command top dollar due to shoddy results.

I would love to have this but little rich for me and I don't want to unload anything to buy it.

So glad I didn't buy that after hearing it run!!!!

It's sarcasm, its a beautiful rig....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom