OIl weight in FZj80 in Northeast (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
The manuals call for 5w30 so I got 8qts of mobil1 ready to go, The head is new(40k) and its supercharged. Now being anal I just had to double check this oil viscosity issue and damn, its a topic. any thoughts? I get a bit of white smoke on startup(a bit) and afer driving here 2k miles since last month Im looking to drain it. any thoguhts on this.

So you are or are not worried about the white smoke? Any coolant loss?

If you're going to be working on it, use some cheap oil while your mess with it so your're not throwing out $50 worth of motor oil.

If I were running that truck in the Northeast, with a supercharger, I'd run Mobil1 0W-40 but the 5W-30 will be fine.

So you are or are not worried about the white smoke? Any coolant loss?

If you're going to be working on it, use some cheap oil while your mess with it so your're not throwing out $50 worth of motor oil.

If I were running that truck in the Northeast, with a supercharger, I'd run Mobil1 0W-40 but the 5W-30 will be fine.
20 yr old rig in the northeast a bit (BIT) of smoke no Im not worried, the entire motor has less than 40k on it

Its gets just as cold here as it does in the NE (a week of -20F at night this winter, average highs in the 10-20F range for a month) and I still run 10w40 all year. If the engine was newer and tighter I might go with 0w40 like I do in the BMW's but probably not.

White smoke on startup is not normal - I'd worry more about that than oil viscosity. Even my 290k motor doesn't smoke on startup, it just briefly has has that richer fuel smell and the normal condensation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom