oil to head? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i don't think i am getting any oil to my head! i took off the entire rocker assembly, cleaned it, and put it back into place. there doesn't seem to be any oil seeping out of any of the wheep holes in the rockers. i am correct in assuming oil should be coming from these holes, right? what should my oil pressure gauge read? mide sits about 1/4 the way up when it's cold, and falls down to L when it's hot. is this normal?

chris

What engine do you have?? Yes oil should be coming out of the rocker arms. My 69 F had the same problem, the PO put the bushings in backwards so the holes in the bushings did not line up with the holes in the rocker arms.
If the engine is a 2F possibly the head gasket is on backwards, if i remeber correctly it will fit on backwards but then the gasket covers up the oil gallery that connects the block to the head.
If it is a F there is a copper line that runs up through the tappet cover to the head.
Jesse

Oil pressure in general sounds low, but the stock LC guages , esp oil pressure are notoriously unreliable. Cheapest diagnostic would be to hook up a mechanical guage with a Tee fitting at your oil sender and check the actual readout against the uncalibrated L/H LC guage.
Ed Long :)

Yup. It's a poor reading, if it is accurate. AND, if it happens to BE accurate, you don't want to go far without fixing it. Or you may be getting a new engine soon.

Cris, I did a valve job last June, and when I re assembled the rocker assy, I reversed the tube, so the oil from the head went into the post, but the hole in the tube was at the wrong post. I hope that makes sense to you? I dis assembled the assy, and found my error. Works great now! Earl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom