Oil testing question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sent for an oil testing kit from Blackstone about 2 weeks ago and it has not arrived yet. Anyone have experience with how long theirs took?

Ran out of patience a couple days ago and changed the oil. Not knowing how much oil to sample, I used a recently washed (in the dishwasher) mason jar and simply put it in the stream of draining oil about halfway through the drain process. Now that it's sitting on the bench for a few days, I'm wondering if things will settle to the bottom that I'd like to know are in there, etc, etc. So, have developed a habit of giving it a shake as I walk by. Really interested in the results, as there seems to be some feeling on this list that the cooling system precipitates are related to HG blowby. I disagree since mine's produced them for over 100k, but would like to see some data on it.

DougM

I takes blackstone about 2 weeks to get them out, you should get them any day now,

keeping used oil in a glass jar is the recomended storeage method.

For future reference you can get oil sample kits from any John Deere or Caterpillar dealer in your area ,probably at any heavy truck shops too. I get mine at my local Deere dealer for 18.00 and then I drop it off there and they ship it out for free. The analysis is done in Phoenix so results only take a week to ten days.

Hey Doug,

It took about 3 weeks for the sample kit to arrive from Blackstone. I stored my sample in a glass untill the sample kit arrived. I a sent the kit on a Saturday, and had the emailed results on the following tuesday. Slow to start, fast to finish.

I'm not interested in stretching out my oil changes, just focused on whether my engine's going to blow up...the Blackstone report is good to have. I plan to use them every other oil change.

Best Regards,

I would think that the coolant analysis would yield results related to the head gasket and not the oil. Basing this on the comments that Robbie and others have made about the failures they've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom