oil sending unit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have searched and searched but cannot find my oil pressure sending unit on the fj in my sig. i just did aussies front and rear and a transmission/transfer swap and cant find a stupid sending unit i feel dumb please help! my cruiser sat for a month and now my factory guage shows no oil pressure!

Oil cooler on the pass side of the engine, just aft of the oil filter.

Hook the wire back up to the sender and you should have oil pressure again.

:beer:

i dont know that i have an oil cooler? do all 78's have them?
alls i have on the passenger side is the oil filter distributor and a big vacuum line going from the removable plate to the intake manifold

It should have an oil cooler...See attachment below from SOR

If you do not have an oil cooler on your 1978, then you will just have an oil filter base on that side of the engine. On the lower portion of the oil filter base, you should have your oil pressure sender.

If it is not located there, then it could be low on the driver side of the engine, towards the rear…but if you have an oil sender in this location, then someone has modified your 2F engine, or, you do not have a 2F engine.

:beer:
marvoilcooler2F.gif

A couple more pics from SOR:

Oil filter base with oil cooler

Oil filter base without oil cooler
marvFBWOC01.gif
marvFBWOOC01.gif

found it! on bottom of oil filter bracket now that leads me to what in the world will the end of the wire look like the hooks to it since it is a round hookup?

found it got good pressure everything is working thanks for your help

What is the process for installing the oil filter bracket and thermo stat?

Do I use the same process as intalling the timing cover? Contact cement from gasket to bracket and black sealant from the gasket to block?

What is the process for installing the oil filter bracket and thermo stat?

Do I use the same process as intalling the timing cover? Contact cement from gasket to bracket and black sealant from the gasket to block?

That will work...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom