Oil pump removal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Currently doing a sniper conversion on a 76. Got to the point where I’m taking off the mechanical fuel pump and there appears to be an oil line going to the oil cooler right under the oil filter. I can’t find anything about it. Is it ok to plug the outlet coming out of the cooler? I’ve got the plate to put over the hole, but concerned that I not block an oil galley.

After looking at the pic it also appears I may be changing that bigger hose soon.

A3D45852-768F-44D8-9677-FD6862E55973.jpeg

Doesn’t it appear to have a line going to the pump? Wasn’t expecting it to be there.

not sure what line you are referring to in the pic.
1 hose is the coolant hose for the oil cooler
do you have a manual guage for oil preasure?
where does the other end of the line go to?

This may just look like it goes to the fuel pump. Hard to get a good pic in there

5579A881-EEAD-4DA3-A9A8-8B7036CA421C.jpeg

this is the frustrating thing about jumping into a bastardized rig. The book is about worthless. So although it looks like it’s going to the cooler it is not? Going in later today to remove.

Removed it. It that fuel inlet was sitting right against the piece holding the oil filter. I spent so much time looking at that, and about 5 minutes just removing the darned thing. It sure looked connected and I was already asking myself why there would be a coolant fed oil cooler there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom