Oil Pressure? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On my fishing trip this weekend I noticed that my oil pressure guage bottomed out.

Where do I start? Oil level is not changing. I got better milage on this trip than I have in the past. I'm not running any hotter. Could it just be the gauge?

I agree. Check the sender, then the gauge.

If my gauge bottomed out the first thing through my head would be the oil galley plug coming out (haven't done the fix yet). But since obviously you didn't lose any oil, it's likely the gauge or sender. Worst case scenario is your pump itself s*** the bed. Hopefully it didn't.

drop the oil pan

stonefly said:
So it my oil pump is bad how would I know it, besides my engine seizing?

pull the pump or.....

park in greenpeace parking lot, pull the dizzy, remove the oil filter,get ya something like a cut off long screwdriver and a drill, stick it down the dizzy hole and LET IT RIP!!!!
if you got oil spewin all over greenpeace parking lot, oil pump is prolly good ;)

just kidd'n bout the greenpeace thing....................light'n up all :D

2badfjs said:
just kidd'n bout the greenpeace thing....................light'n up all :D

I liked it...

Yup...checked the sender and found loose wires. To bad I was looking foward to scouting out the greenpeace parking lot.

Where is the sending unit for my oil pump???

It screws into the base of teh oil filter housing. Same thign happened to me. The pump then fcrapped out a month or so later. NOw my pressure (after new pump) is awsome.

Also some small plastic conduit on teh sender wire will help keep it free of oil and dirt. 50cent mod.

So does the sender unscrew and thats it does any oil come out? What else do i need to do to change out the sender? Thanks for the earlier reply

Haskins1111 said:
So does the sender unscrew and thats it does any oil come out? What else do i need to do to change out the sender? Thanks for the earlier reply

A little bit of oil comes out,just keep a rag against it and have the new one ready to plug in. I cant remember if its a 10mm or 12 mm spanner.
The sender unit is interchangeable with those from Corollas , Celicas and a heap of other Toyota engines.

If you want to test the oil pressure you can plug a mechanical guage directly into the engine while the sender unit is out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom