Oil Pressure Troubleshooting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out the next step I should take in figuring out my oil pressure issues. Up until about a month ago, everything was fine. Gauge sat right below the middle mark. Then every now and then it started going to the floor. I bought a new sensor, but before installing, I decided to clean the wire and point of contact. Well, this took the needle from the floor to the very highest point. After this I installed a new sending unit, but no luck. Oil pressure is still reading as through the roof.

Whats next?
Thanks

the wire goes to the center nub in the sender unit.
did you hook the wire to the spade terminal on the body of the sender unit?
if you did you fried the guage and need a new one, easy swap with a used unit.

Adding in a mechanical gauge is very easy. Years ago I did it w/ my first truck. I just used connections I found at an Ace w/ a basic kit. I plumbed it off the sending unit tho today most will tell you to tap one of the large bolts in the oil cooler. I had run mine w/ the cheap plastic line (again, now folks will impress that the copper line is safer) thru an AC grommet on the firewall, under the dash and attached the gauge next to the ashtray. I loved it, worked awesome for at least two years till I sold the truck.

Never hurts to put a diagnostic gage on it and measure the actual pressure. Then sort out the gage.

the wire goes to the center nub in the sender unit.
did you hook the wire to the spade terminal on the body of the sender unit?
if you did you fried the guage and need a new one, easy swap with a used unit.
Darn, rookie mistake. I was wonder why the weather cover didn't fit too well. Thanks puppies

Darn, rookie mistake. I was wonder why the weather cover didn't fit too well. Thanks puppies

it happens, your not the first one to do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom