Oil pressure sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

White Sheep

Darren
SILVER Star
Threads
Is the little metal tab on the oil pressure sender needed?

Recently purchased one (from an unnamed vender at this time). On their website, it shows the tab, but when I received it, it didn't have it. Called the vendor, thier mechanics say "it's not necessary". So when I'm trying to return it, they want me to pay for shipping stating it's not a faulty part.

Is the little metal tab on the oil pressure sender needed?

Recently purchased one (from an unnamed vender at this time). On their website, it shows the tab, but when I received it, it didn't have it. Called the vendor, thier mechanics say "it's not necessary". So when I'm trying to return it, they want me to pay for shipping stating it's not a faulty part.

Put the year model of your Cruiser in your signature line....so we know automatically what we are dealing with, but yes there are TWO connections on the sending unit. One right in the middle and a 'tab' just to the right of it. Both are necessary.

The one below has been relocated (normally found on the oil cooler housing) but is the same unit as yours.

Relocate7.jpg

Put the year model of your Cruiser in your signature line....so we know automatically what we are dealing with, but yes there are TWO connections on the sending unit. One right in the middle and a 'tab' just to the right of it. Both are necessary.

The one below has been relocated (normally found on the oil cooler housing) but is the same unit as yours.

View attachment 2513407
Thank you. Will do (yr in signature). Hopefully get a few more responses from the community so I can show the vender.

Here's a link to a new part with photos from a few different angles:

Is the part you received OEM or aftermarket?
Can you post up a photo?

Here's a link to a new part with photos from a few different angles:

Is the part you received OEM or aftermarket?
Can you post up a photo?
@Kernal, tracking all. The part they sent me is not OEM, but on their website, they show the "tab". The one I received does not have the "tab", and they are saying their mechanics are saying its an unnecessary part. Quote "Its an electrical noise reducer". So I asked to return the product, and they are having me pay shipping to send it back.

****ing crazy right??

This is a good example of why most of us buy OEM parts most of the time. The Toyota parts fit and work as designed. I just pulled off a defective oil pressure sender (aftermarket) that the previous owner installed. My other 80 has the original sender which still works after 20+ years. For most parts I use my local Toyota dealer parts professional; usually get the parts overnight, no shipping charges.

If you don't have the grounding tab, it won't work. Tell them they either sent the wrong part or their application guide is not correct.

And I will second the above - stick to OEM if you can (Denso, Aisin, Toyota, etc...). You'll be a lot happier and have a lot less headache.

Hi, Poor results with the aftermarket ones I’ve tried. Mike

@Kernal, tracking all. The part they sent me is not OEM, but on their website, they show the "tab". The one I received does not have the "tab", and they are saying their mechanics are saying its an unnecessary part. Quote "Its an electrical noise reducer". So I asked to return the product, and they are having me pay shipping to send it back.

f***ing crazy right??
"Its an electrical noise reducer"

That would be an acceptable answer if it was an alternator........

Buy an OEM part from McGeorge.

When. I emailed the vendor stating that I returned the item, I attached this thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom