Oil pressure sending unit location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sloanstavern

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys, my 1982FJ 45F2 came equipped with an oil cooler that was not connected to the coolant circuit.
There were no oil leaks however the coolant circuit was filled with debris and dirt. I thought it make more sense just to eliminated and go to a filter mount only. However I’ve now lost my port for the oil pressure sending unit. I don’t think I want to put the oil cooler back in service but that begs the question where to install the oil pressure sending unit? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

in addition the oil cooler had one large port with a spring installed but no visible bearing or stopper of any kind not sure what that was intended to do.
71A87ED7-7E09-4C68-AF9D-904C6A66B41E.jpeg
846D9CA2-C7E5-4D2F-9ECE-4878C1F265F5.jpeg
03F28AB6-B3DE-4479-8D59-ACAB44FAA74A.jpeg
3A82C22C-C3C7-4C82-9365-5951911BD032.jpeg

Maybe you could just replace the filter mount? This is an 83 2F on a FJ60.
I misplaced the sender during the de-smog and oil cooler removal so the plug is temporary until I can locate the brand-new sender, I bought a while back and misplaced as well. lol

FiltMnt 01.jpg

Maybe you could just replace the filter mount? This is an 83 2F on a FJ60.
I misplaced the sender during the de-smog and oil cooler removal so the plug is temporary until I can locate the brand-new sender, I bought a while back and misplaced as well. lol

View attachment 2535433
Thanks looks like a good solution

Check here. My .5 f had one there also...
DA4030F7-3E63-4CE8-8595-54CE64497B09.jpeg

Check here. My .5 f had one there also...
View attachment 2535466
Thanks, I do not have any existing "plugged" ports to the oil circuit on the block ( that I could find), and I would rather not drill and tap the block...my nerves cound not take it......

Was there a spool at the end of that spring? That spring and ‘spool’ are an oil pressure relief....without the spool the filter and cooler were permanent bypassed.

Was there a spool at the end of that spring? That spring and ‘spool’ are an oil pressure relief....without the spool the filter and cooler were permanent bypassed.
Nope, nothing there. It looked like I was the first one to open that thing up in a long time and was careful to look for any spare parts and nothing came out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom