Oil pressure sender tees (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am running an after-market oil pressure gauge since I'm obsessed with making sure my engine is running nicely.

I still want to run an OEM oil pressure gauge cause I like it when the dash all works. I know folks don't like the copper tees. But does anyone have issues with the steel tees?

I picked up this one: Amazon product ASIN B07VHF9QYH
But want folks to chime in on running one of these. I figured I could run an oil temp sensor here as well with this guy which would be fun.

I am running an after-market oil pressure gauge since I'm obsessed with making sure my engine is running nicely.

I still want to run an OEM oil pressure gauge cause I like it when the dash all works. I know folks don't like the copper tees. But does anyone have issues with the steel tees?

I picked up this one: Amazon product ASIN B07VHF9QYH
But want folks to chime in on running one of these. I figured I could run an oil temp sensor here as well with this guy which would be fun.

Shouldn't be any problem with running steel. Just don't create a situation where you have a fitting/adapter that sticks so far out from the oil cooler housing that it becomes an issue (leverage).

I have an aftermarket gauge and sender but also run the OEM sender and dash gauge. But I moved everything to the firewall.

Relocate10.jpg

Last edited:
Ohh, I like the idea of moving it to the firewall? How'd you do that? Is there an extender kit that you used?

Ohh, I like the idea of moving it to the firewall? How'd you do that? Is there an extender kit that you used?
ReLoKit.jpg

Remove OEM sending unit, install braided line and move OEM sender, adapter and Aux Sending unit to any spot you like (that the line will reach). That way you don't have all of it hanging off the oil cooler and stuffed up under the exhaust manifold.

Relocate6.jpg

Last edited:
I made my own and it’s now part of the turbo kit

View attachment 2774187
You should consider doing a few variations on this and selling them separately. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. It's a common issue on all kinds of Toyota engines - stingy oil feed sources on the block.

The very, very first mod I did to my HZJ80 was to add a temperature alarm. The monitor also has an input to trigger an oil pressure alarm from an oil pressure switch. The plan for my second mod was to fit a pressure switch along with the pressure sender for the gauge. I still haven't done that. I bought probably about a dozen bits and peices on ebay, trying to cobble together a glorified splitter. I wasn't happy with anything I could come up with from them. Most of them were very low quality, and I had to work with all kids of odd angles. If I glued three bits together with some RTV it might have worked for a bit, but I always felt it would be one rut or pothole away from a catastrophic oil leak.

For the 1HZ engine, the oil feed comes out very close to the block. I'd love a tee like the one you posted, but reversed so that the long part screws into the block, and takes the new fittings a few cm out. From there, a straight through BSPT, and two NPTs and one BSPT at right angles, with plugs fitted so you can use just the ports you want. That would be very useful on a wide variety of Toyota engines IMO.

For the 1HZ engine, the oil feed comes out very close to the block. I'd love a tee like the one you posted, but reversed so that the long part screws into the block, and takes the new fittings a few cm out. From there, a straight through BSPT, and two NPTs and one BSPT at right angles, with plugs fitted so you can use just the ports you want. That would be very useful on a wide variety of Toyota engines IMO.
You want to be careful doing this. I've seen a few 'monsters' created that end up sticking out (cantelevered) several inches from the block/mount. This 'could' create a situation (over time, with vibration) where the fitting would crack or become loose. That is why I moved mine to the firewall. Just something to consider.

You should consider doing a few variations on this and selling them separately. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. It's a common issue on all kinds of Toyota engines - stingy oil feed sources on the block.

The very, very first mod I did to my HZJ80 was to add a temperature alarm. The monitor also has an input to trigger an oil pressure alarm from an oil pressure switch. The plan for my second mod was to fit a pressure switch along with the pressure sender for the gauge. I still haven't done that. I bought probably about a dozen bits and peices on ebay, trying to cobble together a glorified splitter. I wasn't happy with anything I could come up with from them. Most of them were very low quality, and I had to work with all kids of odd angles. If I glued three bits together with some RTV it might have worked for a bit, but I always felt it would be one rut or pothole away from a catastrophic oil leak.

Would be easy to do

You want to be careful doing this. I've seen a few 'monsters' created that end up sticking out (cantelevered) several inches from the block/mount. This 'could' create a situation (over time, with vibration) where the fitting would crack or become loose. That is why I moved mine to the firewall. Just something to consider.
It's a good point, but moving the entire thing to the firewall makes me worry about all the extra failure points that introduces. It seems to me, it should be possible to make a short extension that you can hang an oil pressure sender and oil pressure switch off without too many worries, if you design something to be able to achieve that. I'd be interested in other opinions on the topic.

It's a good point, but moving the entire thing to the firewall makes me worry about all the extra failure points that introduces. It seems to me, it should be possible to make a short extension that you can hang an oil pressure sender and oil pressure switch off without too many worries, if you design something to be able to achieve that. I'd be interested in other opinions on the topic.

Been running mine almost 5 years now, no leaks, no failures. But I agree it should be possible for someone to make a SHORT extension that would work well enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom