Oil Pressure issue/Gauge install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all. I am in the process of working out how to install an aftermarket oil pressure gauge on our 97. I have done some searching and so far I have come to the conclusion that an aftermarket gauge will fix my concerns about oil pressure. My plan was to omit the stock unit with a manual but I saw a now where someone simply tapped into the pan to install a gauge. I was not of the impression that the pan was pressurized well enough to determine accurate pressure. Anyway, can anyone give me some direction on what aftermarket kit is best, and how they installed it. Omitting stock does not bother me BTW, I am looking for the best way for me to NOT screw up something. Thanks.

why are you omitting the stock gauge ?

this bothers me ....... 🤔

How does this set up look to you

This way you keep the OEM gauge and you have a SAFE place to tap into for your manual gauge too

JIS pipe taper thread pitch ……. Fyi

2F8495D0-57CD-4CAF-9EAF-E34A40E55C33.jpeg
836F4845-DAB1-404D-ACC1-8CB6AC72BF30.jpeg
1BD5EDBD-85B4-435D-990F-D61460AF5668.jpeg
44395767-772F-497C-BF5C-5A5F11E03617.jpeg

Last edited:
lol wat. Don’t touch the dash. Also, don’t touch the oil pan. It’s not pressurized. Just add that adapter above where the factory sensor is and put your manual gauge wherever you want it. Or maybe just fix the factory one after you confirm w/ the manual that the pressure is fine(which I’ll bet it likely is).

lol wat. Don’t touch the dash. Also, don’t touch the oil pan. It’s not pressurized. Just add that adapter above where the factory sensor is and put your manual gauge wherever you want it. Or maybe just fix the factory one after you confirm w/ the manual that the pressure is fine(which I’ll bet it likely is).

i think you have Correctly Summed up all that Correctly ,,,,,,,,,,,

Excellent ! :)

(1.1).jpg

Hello all. I am in the process of working out how to install an aftermarket oil pressure gauge on our 97. I have done some searching and so far I have come to the conclusion that an aftermarket gauge will fix my concerns about oil pressure. My plan was to omit the stock unit with a manual but I saw a now where someone simply tapped into the pan to install a gauge. I was not of the impression that the pan was pressurized well enough to determine accurate pressure. Anyway, can anyone give me some direction on what aftermarket kit is best, and how they installed it. Omitting stock does not bother me BTW, I am looking for the best way for me to NOT screw up something. Thanks.

Thanks all. ToyotaMatt. I prefer that setup and had not planned to cut into the dash. Figured I would do water temps with it.

Fwiw. I lost oil pressure in a Landry d90 yesterday and it took all of 3 minutes to have a lifter ticking like mad. As of now the entire oil system is in pieces in my garage. Don’t need this on another truck. This is my sons truck, and he is 16. We will do a double sensor that can be undone and all the purists who think I’m ruining greatness will be welcome to come help fix the rust in this thing.

"I saw a now where someone simply tapped into the pan to install a gauge."

@RMabus : do you have a link or photos?

Last edited:
Check out the lutzauto clock replacement. You can add oil and trans temp to it. As for the sensor mounting. You can do something like the pic.

I went with autometer gauges but after seeing the Lutz auto clock replacement I'll be doing that on my LX

DB3F13AC-B262-4984-B661-0ABF189B42A6.jpeg

54CB2421-AF66-451D-A45F-6A4D174A5AE6.jpeg

why are you omitting the stock gauge ?

this bothers me ....... 🤔

How does this set up look to you

This way you keep the OEM gauge and you have a SAFE place to tap into for your manual gauge too

JIS pipe taper thread pitch ……. Fyi

View attachment 3176921View attachment 3176922View attachment 3176923View attachment 3176924

Thanks sir, just ordered. Didn't know this existed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom