Wanted oil pressure gauge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Nothing hooked to oil pressure sendiing unit. Don't know what wires hook to it so...............

ANyone have a used pressure gauge??

It is a single wire with a clip that attaches to the top of the sending unit. What rig do you need one for?

It is a single wire with a clip that attaches to the top of the sending unit. What rig do you need one for?

It's for a 1989 Toyota with the 3.0V6 base truck 4X4.

I don't know if the idiot light works on the dash. I think I know which wire goes to it (sending unit) but not positive and IF the wire that I think goes to it does then I still don't know if the light would work..SO I thought I'd try and find a gauge that I could install and thus knowing if I loose oil pressure. I just need one that will mount under the dash or somewhere I can keep an eye on it.

With the 3.0 being almost extinct i sure would like to know if I loose pressure.

I looked and a guage from a pts house is relatively inexpensive so I may just go with one of those if someone doessn't have a good used oone.

I have a couple of pics if I can get them to post.

Thanks
oilsend.jpg
wire.jpg

That is not the factory connector on your pressure gauge. You will have to put in a T to install and aftermarket gauge as you will have to use the aftermarket sender for the aftermarket gauge. It is very unlikely that an aftermarket gauge would work with the Toyota sender. I don't have what you need.

That is not the factory connector on your pressure gauge. You will have to put in a T to install and aftermarket gauge as you will have to use the aftermarket sender for the aftermarket gauge. It is very unlikely that an aftermarket gauge would work with the Toyota sender. I don't have what you need.

I don't understand what you are saying..

OK, I'll go slower.

The blue connector on your oil pressure sensor is not OEM Toyota (Toyota didn't use that type of connector). It also does not appear that you have the wire hooked to it either.

In order to add an aftermarket gauge and retain the idiot light you will need to take the Toyota sender out and add a T fitting to the engine. Then you will screw the OEM Toyota sender into the T fitting on one side and the new sensor for the aftermarket oil pressure gauge to the other side of the T fitting.

You cannot just hook an aftermarket gauge to the Toyota sender as the senders have different resistances. It is very unlikely that anything aftermarket would match a Toyota OEM sender.

OK, I'll go slower.

The blue connector on your oil pressure sensor is not OEM Toyota (Toyota didn't use that type of connector). It also does not appear that you have the wire hooked to it either.

In order to add an aftermarket gauge and retain the idiot light you will need to take the Toyota sender out and add a T fitting to the engine. Then you will screw the OEM Toyota sender into the T fitting on one side and the new sensor for the aftermarket oil pressure gauge to the other side of the T fitting.

You cannot just hook an aftermarket gauge to the Toyota sender as the senders have different resistances. It is very unlikely that anything aftermarket would match a Toyota OEM sender.

OK. I see what you mean.

The blue fitting on the sender is just a common run of the mill "insulated O terminal" Someone probably added the fitting to hook the wires to. I;d say they crimped it wrong and the wire came out. A fitting is a ditting is a fitting.

I don't know that the idiot light will work so I was wanting to do to a guage INSTEAD of the light.

For the record.....IF they have different resistances the "new" sender that would work for a guage probably wouldn't work for the light. SO LET ME GO A LITTLE SLOWER FOR YOU...if the toyota sender won't work for a guage then an aftermarket that WILL work for a guage probably won't work for the light. So that kinda shoots down the T fitting idea.

All I needed to know is if the sending unit would work with a guage so I would KNOW if I had pressure or not.

No need to think I am an idiot.

OK you are missing the point of the T fitting completely. The T fitting allows both senders to be mounted. So your gauge will work and your idiot light will work. To get your idiot light to work you need to find the loose wire that is supposed to go in that blue electrical connector and reconnect it. If you just want to have just a guage work you need to buy a gauge and the appropriate sender for that gauge and install it in place of the factory sendor. But if you do that your idiot light will not work.

I don't feel certain that the idiot light will work. That is why I want to put a guage in.

How will I go about finding what sender will work with a guage?

Maybe a set?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom