Oil pressure gauge need help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, my pressure oil gauge need helps.
my sensor hand points below (L) when it's off. when turned on it marks a maximum of 1/4 of the scale

I check sender and works well
I check gauge ohm and it is correct

Any advice ?

BAD2396D-8A2E-40BF-A4B0-6B330BE8D699.png

Are the sender and gauge both original to the 40?

Last change oil/filter 2 months ago
I don’t know if they are orihinal
I attach gauge isolated
Is correct zero position ?

4C26B69A-AAF4-44E0-AB47-A33EFF72C974.jpeg

you could get a sandwich adapter which fits between your oil filter and engine mount and connect an aftermarket oil pressure sender and gauge to at least know what your oil pressure is doing.

And/or Maybe new sender, new gauge, new wires.

It shall be lots of time and fiddling on something old with no guarantee. (if you get the old ones working , it would be satisfying)

The oil pressure senders can clog up with carbon when old, they need a really good clean/soak/air blast to get working again if possible. Also the old gauge could have some corrosion due to age.

not knowing oil pressure is not a nice feeling.

I thought there was a small pin that stops the needle from dropping too low when off and it looks like your's might be missing. That might lead to the needle being out of calibration and thus reading low. Just a thought.

When the needle is that low you can move it up There is a little plate at the bottom of the gauge that moves back and forth, it will move the resting position of the needle up and down.

IMG_20220918_100409__01.jpg

However if it's hard to move the needle over to High it may be out of calibration. I think sometimes the gauge gets hot somehow and gets out of calibration. If this is the case you probably need a new one.

I can fix these but it looks like you are Italy so it wouldn't be worth the shipping I think.

Perhaps it is due to being a 24V setup? Are you running a diesel engine?

When the needle is that low you can move it up There is a little plate at the bottom of the gauge that moves back and forth, it will move the resting position of the needle up and down.

View attachment 3117869

However if it's hard to move the needle over to High it may be out of calibration. I think sometimes the gauge gets hot somehow and gets out of calibration. If this is the case you probably need a new one.

I can fix these but it looks like you are Italy so it wouldn't be worth the shipping I think.
Thank you, I’m in Italy.
I set zero point with adjust the plate in red circle.
I share video with oil gauge during start, it is soft in its movements, is it ok?
after turning off the engine, it takes a few seconds to return to initial zero, is ok?

06D9FB66-1887-4D68-85E5-977F5B86A6BB.jpeg

impressive! real old oil gauges use to be just a light depicting either oil or no oil, so you are up on technology there. revving the engine gave you more pressure which is good too and how it should be. Taking some time to zero once off is not an issue either.

The only other reassurance to be had, would be to install an aftermarket oil gauge. Check fluid levels frequently.

The 2h could have a oil pressure relief valve getting stuck creating too much oil pressure and popping the filter. Not sure if your engine can do that. It is remedied with a longer relief valve.
👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom