Oil Pan torque specs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

John Staton

SILVER Star
Threads
So I have a leak and it looks like the pan. I thought I would go under and tighten up the oil pan bolts. I downloaded a sheet at one time on here that has a ton of torque specs but not one for the pan. Not sure if there is one....does anyone know?
PXL_20221204_233536745.MP.jpg

Yeah they're basically finger tight - be very careful tightening them up. Most likely your gasket is gone (mine is), and it's best to go with the 1-piece OEM Toyota even though it's pricey. I've put on a Mahle 3-piece one from RockAuto and it leaked within a week.

Yeah they're basically finger tight - be very careful tightening them up. Most likely your gasket is gone (mine is), and it's best to go with the 1-piece OEM Toyota even though it's pricey. I've put on a Mahle 3-piece one from RockAuto and it leaked within a week.
I concur. I got the OEM Toyota swapped in a couple of hundred miles ago with no problem. Check it, though, for a while, and each time check each bolt tightness. Tighten gently as the cork seasons over the first hundred miles or so.

Bolts were probably overtightened by someone at some point too. Be sure to flaten the area around each hole in the pan. Couple of good threads here about changing the pan gasket, with good tips about where to use FIPG and string to hold gasket in place, etc. Getting the old, fossilized gasket off is a PITA, but the info in those threads will lead to a happy result and no leaks.

IMG_7175.JPG

IMG_7179.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom