oil pan gasket - felpro or oem? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I see alot of recommendations for FELPRO gaskets and I have followed that, but I have also seen people saying "don't get the 4 piece oil pan gasket set, get the one-piece OEM." The FELPRO gasket I got was the 4 piece set and now I am thinking of returning it and ordering OEM. I have other projects to finish up before I get to this and want to have the right gasket when the time comes.

thanks.

The 4 piece is a pain to get sealed properly, and will likely leak down the road any way. Save your self doing it twice and go OEM.

OEM is definetely better. I've tried both. The Felpro is a cork gasket. The OEM is not. It is a much stronger gasket. Go with the OEM. It is too much of a PITA to replace the gasket once it fails. Too many freeking screws and oil dripping in your eye.

nikos8 said:
OEM is definetely better. I've tried both. The Felpro is a cork gasket. The OEM is not. It is a much stronger gasket. Go with the OEM. It is too much of a PITA to replace the gasket once it fails. Too many freeking screws and oil dripping in your eye.

I thought that OEM ones were cork also? I just replaced mine with OEM cork one. It's still leaking though :(

i've learned the hard way that cruiser motors prefer oem.

Hey Mr.FJ60 make sure you torqued it down good. I used my calibrated wrist and it still leaked. Picked up a torque wrench and crawled under and torqued them to spec and no more leaks.

Fourrunner said:
Hey Mr.FJ60 make sure you torqued it down good. I used my calibrated wrist and it still leaked. Picked up a torque wrench and crawled under and torqued them to spec and no more leaks.

Sounds good, I will have to try that hopefully it will fix it. Thanks!

I have used OEM on 3 of my cruisers, no leaks, easy install.........I paid some to do em :D

nikos8 said:
Ummm, the OEM pan gasket I have hangin' in the shop is cork. Just one piece instead of 4. Much nicer that way.

Nick

thanks for the input. Ditching the 4 piece for a 1 piece OEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom