Oil line repair update (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Herb

SILVER Star
Threads
Well, JTO sent oil lines with fittings that are just not even close to right. I ordered their 1F stainless steel braided oil line kit. WTF is so hard about getting that right??

I spoke to them Saturday and was told to call back this morning. Called and was told to wait until their "tech" guy came in...and I still haven't heard from them.

Otherwise, the repair went great!:doh:

Doug

Ouch, that sucks. I have never had any issues with my two orders from JT Outfitters but others have had nightmare experiences. My orders were a few years ago. I have had very good luck ordering product from TPI, Man-a-Fre, SOR, and Marlin Crawler. MAF and SOR really piss me off with their shipping and handling charges but you are certain to get what you order.

Yep, I had no problem with my rear view mirror order from JTO...but this particular situation is just the weirdest kind of non-service I've seen recently. I went ahead and ordered the neoprene lines from Man-A-Fre and had them sent 2day...so maybe I'll get them in by the weekend.

Herb,

It's been a very long time, geeze 10 years, since I had a F powered Land Cruiser, but at one time I had several and mixed and matched the parts. There are two different styles of oil lines, one early and one late. If I recall correctly, there is a pre 69 F and a post 69 F. About 20 years ago, I tried to swap a set of stainless lines from one truck to another and they did not fit.

Joe Turpin, the guy who owns JTO is a good guy, he'll make it right. Like any land cruiser shop, you'll hear good and bad from various different customers. Joe does not have the fastest customer service, but he'll make it good. I have bought a lot of stuff from him and never had a problem. I have heard that others have though.

I really like www.sor.com, like Smith said, their shipping policy sucks but if you go there in person you'll see that it's a real business, run like a real business and it's a HUGE well organized place. 1st class businesses have to charge more than some guy running a mail order shop out of a storage bin. The on line parts listings that Marv has are a really valuable asset to the LC community.

-Stumbaugh

Thanks for the information Stumbaugh, I will be sure to post if the error was on my part (ie. not knowing what I have!) I don't hold any ill will towards JTO at all...a small emergency on my part does not mean that it is the most important thing on their plate. I'm sure they would have fixed the problem, but I guess I just got impatient and wanted to get this truck fixed by the weekend. So, I just went with MAF.

I just got the new lines in the mail yesterday...and I'm putting them on (or trying to) in the morning. I'll let you all know how it pans out.

Herb,

I doubt that it was an error on your part, just the shipping error.

On a different, but related subject, I learned a long time ago not to buy parts long before you'll need them as you won't know if they are incorrect until it's too late. I once bought a complete set of seat covers for my 71 FJ40 and did not install them for 18 months. I called Man-a-fre and talked to Al and he exchanged them as it was a shipping error on their behalf. I was very pleased.

The clcc once had a great discount that I set up at Tyson's Toyota where they would give us up to 20 and even 25 percent off parts. The club lost the discount when a club member special ordered all this expensive stuff and then demanded to be able return it after the normal period allowed. I was very unhappy that the vendor decided to ban all of us because of one moron but the moral of the story is the same. Especially since this dealer is walking distance from my house!

-Stumbaugh

Well, the MAF lines fit perfectly. I installed them on Thursday morning before a weekend trip. I haven't run the truck yet to see if they are solid, but I'm hopeful that the fittings won't leak.

Thanks for the input everyone.
Doug

Good to hear!

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom