Oil line fitting size. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, I've looked and looked for this but can someone tell me the thread size for the oil filter lines that go into the block and the regulator? I'm trying to replicate this setup.
1667362045016.png

there a PIPE Taper remember this very important fact !

1/8 JIS

View attachment 3156860
Would anyone know where to get the fitting from the block in the picture I posted? I'm guessing it's a 1/8 JIS tapered to 4AN. I've looked online and I'm not much having much luck.

@ToyotaMatt I recall BSPT for these as well as the oil sender. Am I incorrect?

Last edited:
@ToyotaMatt I recall BSPT for these as well as the oil sender. Am I incorrect?

BSP ( British Standard Pipe ) is a acceptable substitute , its close enough YES ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

the tapers are slightly different , but the thread pitch is nearly identical for sure

( JIS ) = Japanese Industrial Standard

- for those who are in the KNOW and those who are not , now you will be ........

i purchased a FEMALE JIS PIPE Taper Threading DIE from JAPAN many years ago along with its buddy MALE JIS Pipe Taper TAP

- i hand-craft these little rascals one at a time , turn by turn , much like Rowing a ROMAN Galley down in the BOWELS of the ship ,

however , it's extremely rewarding knowing i can help keep one more , one at a time ORIGINAL OEM SOLID THICK THICK JDM Genuine TOYO Radiator on the road of life

when all that'd wrong with it is the CAST IRON Drain tube that projects through the front cross members of a FJ40 / FJ55 / FJ60 rots off from age and time .....

- why TOYOTA used carbon steel for this part still baffles me , but perhaps Nickle Alloy Infused RED-BRASS was only a BUCK Rodgers pipe dream at that moment in JDM / JIS industrial revolution ?

- i have found more and more aftermarket Radatiors are coming pre-fitted with the actual FEMALE threaded drain plug port in the correct OEM drain tube location , NUT nobody has made a wide side of the stock original and my Genuine SKUNK-WORKS Drain tubes yet ........

- i have had folks use step down adapters and successfully mount mine in this particular new TECH i have observed in the last 2 years of so ........

- ONE GOLDEN RULE OF TOYOTA THUMB HERE IS , and NEVER FORGET THIS : when it comes to ANYTHING TOYOTA PIPE taper Threads Related ...

- the actual main part such as a engine block , intake manifold or radiator ALWAYS has straight FEMALE threads ........

- ONLY the external DEVICE mechanically communicating with it has MALE PIPE taper threads , a oil pressure sending unit is another good example here to relate to ...

- i am sure this
rule of T-TEN Thumb is broken some where along the TEq line , but i have personally NEVER seen that instance for myslf ever ... 🤔

- one reason i know about this fact is , to this day i have NEVER once used of had a use for the $200+ JIS pipe taper TAP ..?

- the bicycle handle bars size die holder and die itself ,still get regular use monthly :D:beer:

Reproduction OEM Part # 96431-03873

1667410433500.png

1667410458754.png

1667410476934.png

1667410501850.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom