Oil light & pressre gauge (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello
First post apologies if it’s not right.
97 1FZ-FE
Just swapped out clutch slave cylinder and added some Lucas engine oil stop leak. Took Kev for a drive and now oil pressure guage isn’t working.
Oil warning light has been on for a while but figured it was just a sensorhasn’t worked since I cleaned the engine bay a few weeks ago.
Not sure what it could be. Seems everyone I fix something, a new issue pops up🤦‍♂️
any one have any ideas?

Uh. Did you check your oil level when the light came on?

You should probably verify your oil pressure and stop washing your engine bay without appropriate caution.

Uh. Did you check your oil level when the light came on?

You should probably verify your oil pressure and stop washing your engine bay without appropriate caution.
Yes I checked the oil level, I’ve checked it every time I’ve used it just to be sure. Has a small leak from the front main seal which is why I put in the stop leak. Did an oil and filter change 3000km ago.

Just out of interest, what makes you think that the oil light being on and the oil pressure guage showing zero means everything is ok ? Aladin's lamp lights up when the sensor detects low oil level. If you have dipped for oil and confirmed you have oil in the sump then you can chalk the indicator to a fault. Have you done anything to verify oil pressure such as an external oil pressure guage?

When my oil light comes on, I am 1 quart low but still have good oil pressure. If your dipstick says you are full, then you may have blown the connector off while washing. Also blowing off the oil pressure sensor wire while presserwashing also would be a coincidence and i wouldn't want to bank on that. You should get under there and start tracing out the connections and verifying they are good in my opinion. I would be pretty scared to drive it with both not working or not reliable. Good luck!

Disconnected oil pressure sensor and tested with external pressure gauge. Excellent pressure! Reinstalled pressure sensor and it’s working again. Could’ve been the stop leak blocking the sensor, once I removed it and tested it cleared it? Or possibly mud blocking the electrical connection🤷‍♂️
Just took the big unit for a cruise, running like a dream👍🤘

Glad you got to the bottom of this. 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom