Oil Leak - Think from remote oil cooler line? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bwell

SILVER Star
Threads
20190108_160128.jpg

Any search guru's know the part number for this item? It's a hardline that goes between block to the front oil cooler.

2008 LX570, 70,000 miles.

Well, either way it's part of the power steering hose assembly, in case anyone is curious it is just over $400. This particular part that is leaking on the low pressure side and can be replaced with standard bulk hose. It is a relatively slow leak, I'll monitor the power steering reservoir and get to it eventually.

Seems like a weird spot for it start leaking, imo.

@bwell, did you ever end up replacing this assembly? looks like my LC has a small moisture built up there as well.

@bwell, did you ever end up replacing this assembly? looks like my LC has a small moisture built up there as well.
No. I was actually experiencing a small oil leak from the POS dorman engine oil filter housing cover. It was poorly machined and I admittedly used a oil filter from car quest that was supposed to have been their "premium" line allegedly manufactured by wix, but the rubber o-ring that came was different enough than the normal wix filter I use that I was able to find the leak after changing the oil before really driving anywhere thank fully- so I was able track down the leak before anything catastrophic and replaced the oil filter housing cover with a new Toyota OEM part, no more leak(it had been small enough that after 5k miles it never left any residual oil spots on the ground ever- until the above mentioned oil filter debacle, and I figured it out immediately before driving anywhere) and no more problems since.

Hopefully that all made sense, it's early and I am getting ready for work.

Wix filters have been problematic on the 80 series and probably not a good option. IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom