Oil leak RMS or oil pan (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Chasing down one of my last oil leaks. It drips pretty good after driving. I have replaced all the engine gaskets except the RMS and oil pan. I cleaned everything real good and have been driving it. Drips several drips after running for a while. It is oil. I haven't owned this rig long and dont have much history on it. It has 235K miles on it. It appears the oil pan gasket was done, how well I dont know as I see sealant oozing out. The tranny appears to have been out and shifts real good.

When I look in the inspection plate the flywheel looks pretty dry. It appears to be leaking from the very back of the oil pan and running down the block and getting blown back.

I am leaning towards oil pan not being done properly. I would think a RMS would show a very wet flywheel. It is certainly easier to try the oil pan gasket first. Just wanted to see if anyone had any pearls of wisdom to share. Should I go OEM oil pan gasket? Thanks.

20180915_141542.jpg
20180915_141548.jpg
20180915_141555.jpg

Thanks, I replaced the side cover and run 20w50 vr1, so that is covered. Going to retorque, then check again when it's time to change oil for a pan gasket . Vr1 is too expensive to waste.

Moved on to swapping all the leaf spring bushings and shackles!
20180916_134435.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom