Oil leak near oil pump please help on what parts are needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ther looks to be a leak between the power steering pump and oil pump can someone tell me what parts I need to fix this? I have new seal and screws for oil pump cover and new pressure relief valve components. But it looks like the leak is behind that area.

I cleaned the area and drove the truck about 20 miles. The next day I had new oil on the floor and the pictures show fresh oil.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

How fast were you driving? I recently replaced my leaking oil pump cover. It was leaking so bad that oil made its way all the way to my spare tire. I still have to clean the undercarriage but after replacing the seal along with the crank seal and distributor seal I don't leak anything on the ground.

Here is a picture of the top of the oil pump. I also noticed some moisture on the bottom of the timing cover on the passenger side.

image.jpeg

The common seals to replace at the same time: Oil seal on oil pump cover, front crank seal, distributor o-ring. All contribute to oil leaks on the front area of the engine. Do those first and then revisit any remaining leaks. If original they need doing anyway...

How's your valve cover gasket?

cheers,
george.

All were replaced less than 2 years and 5000 miles ago. The distributor is dry.

That is why I am looking at other options as to why this leak is happening.

I bought new seal and screws for the oil pump cover. I could swap it again but if I am going to the trouble I wanted to make sure I was not missing anything that may be another issue.

Pinched oil cover seal could be an issue.

Clean it all again with degreaser and scrub - get rid of all the cooked on oil residue. Then run engine and let warm up as you watch for oil leak source(s). If it's leaking that much, it should leak just idling/running without having to drive it anywhere and wind blow oil all over they place to disguise the true source.

cheers,
george.

Yep two leaks on the oil pump cover one on top and one on bottom both near the idler pulley.

The one on top drains over the timing chain cover and out near the power steering pump.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Good job.

cheers,
george.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom