Oil Leak - Is it the oil pump? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently started having an oil leak that's going thru 1/2 quart of oil per week. It was hard to identify where it's coming from, so I spent about 1 hour this past weekend degreasing the bottom of the car/engine to try and locate the leak. Once the bottom looked nice and clean, I started the engine and within a few seconds saw a small leak, that I "think" is coming from the oil pump cover gasket. But before I order the replacement parts and spend 5-6 hours replacing the gasket, I wanted to post a couple of pictures here to make sure I am correct.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Oil pump cover. Common, but can be a PITA to fix because several components have to come off to fix. May as well do the front main seal and any other maintenance needed while you are in there. Not sure if the year matters or not from 1FZ-FE or 3FE. You should post that info.

Here you go:

Agree with the above, to me it looks like the main seal anyway but, while you are in there... Also, order the replacement torx screws for the cover when you go to replace it.

Thanks Cass, that's perfect. Ordering it now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom