Oil is slow rising (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Screenshot_2019-08-21-06-22-18-669_com.whatsapp.png

Hello, I want to ask, why does fj40 2f oil when it is cold, high pressure, but when the engine is hot, the pressure drops, but if the speed is increased, the oil pressure also goes up, but when idle, the pressure drops ... And I want to ask what I circled in the photo there is a valve? I mean that the oil stays in the oil lane when the cold start of the rocker arm does not sound

I’m sorry Henry, I don’t understand what you’re asking.

@hobbes just posted a video at the end of this thread —> the real oiling info starts around 5 minutes into the video.

If this doesn’t answer your questions, please ask again.

I’m sorry Henry, I don’t understand what you’re asking.

@hobbes just posted a video at the end of this thread —> the real oiling info starts around 5 minutes into the video.

If this doesn’t answer your questions, please ask again.

I wasn’t sure it fit either. But remembered it and figured I’d update the link.

Gauge up when i up idle speed.. Down when i turn idle speed
Normal if the oil is hot. Or if it’s blended too much (what your title is saying, oil level is rising?), oil is too thin and that’s why the pressure drops.

the gauge shows pressure not level.
the oil pump is engine driven. more rpms, more oil pump rpms, more rpms, more fluid moved, more pressure.
cold oil is thicker than hot, and creates more pressure.

When engine first starts and oil is cool, the pressure is higher at idle and then as the oil temp rises the pressure drops. When engine is up to operating temp the oil pressure will rise with RPMs, as stated above. 10 psi per 1000 rpms is what I've always heard is OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom