Oil in radiator. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, flushing the radiator this weekend and noticed that I believe oil is getting into radiator.
Head gasket I presume....
Anyone ever see this before?

B0D2B5D6-F289-4801-AC1D-5FD37DFBE32B.jpeg

Let it sit over night in a glass jar and see what it separates into.

It looks likes oil but I would think your oil would be contaminated as well.

flush it real well and add new coolant. See what it looks like after a while. If you let your motor sit for a day or two and slowly remove the drain plug so it just barely comes out you can clearly see if any water is in the oil pan. Water sinks to the bottom.

Hopefully just residue from something the previous owner did. [bars leaks or head gasket replaced without flushing the coolant after]
Anyone had oil to coolant only one way? I guess it's possible .
Let us know how you go Tommy.

flush it real well and add new coolant. See what it looks like after a while. If you let your motor sit for a day or two and slowly remove the drain plug so it just barely comes out you can clearly see if any water is in the oil pan. Water sinks to the bottom.
Great idea. I will give that a try. Thanks

Hopefully just residue from something the previous owner did. [bars leaks or head gasket replaced without flushing the coolant after]
Anyone had oil to coolant only one way? I guess it's possible .
Let us know how you go Tommy.
I’m hoping that’s the case. Fingers crossed...

Hi, Fill again, run for several days ,flush again ,probably will need a second flush to clean it out anyway. Use your heaters to flush them out too. Mike

Has no one mentioned the possibility of a failed oil cooler yet? Does your FJ40 have one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom