Oil Filter P/N 90915-20004 -- Found Some (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

View attachment 3148054

☹️

I just use the same sized Thai version now along with the OEM wrench. No worries.

Same size Thai version is 90915-40002? Or the larger TD004?

I want to waste money on a larger Toyota filter, because I can, and it’s fun 😃

Same size Thai version is 90915-40002? Or the larger TD004?

I want to waste money on a larger Toyota filter, because I can, and it’s fun 😃
The yzzd3 seems fine but now that I have a new short block and a new motor is on my mind I may look to stock up on the TD004 or 40002.

The yzzd3 seems fine but now that I have a new short block and a new motor is on my mind I may look to stock up on the TD004 or 40002.
I also noticed Partsouq sells VIC brand made in Japan filters, similar size to the D3 and 41010. I have no idea to the quality of these filters, but appears they are a Japanese brand. This one is the larger size

832A8DB8-B214-475C-86D4-5C7B0A8EAC76.jpeg

I know everyone is tired about the oil filter rabbit hole in these forums, but I find it quite interesting. To me, the 40002 looks to be a wider D3 and the equivalent in size?

I also noticed Partsouq sells VIC brand made in Japan filters, similar size to the D3 and 41010. I have no idea to the quality of these filters, but appears they are a Japanese brand. This one is the larger size

View attachment 3317974

I know everyone is tired about the oil filter rabbit hole in these forums, but I find it quite interesting. To me, the 40002 looks to be a wider D3 and the equivalent in size?
It does seem to be an endless subject but it is interesting. I've considered the denso variant considering Mr T doesn't manufacture their own oil filter, someone does.

I've been quick and easy with the D3 readily available and cheap I also got myself a fancy CN seed oil filter wrench for it. It's kind of Handy same filter for my Toyota Tundra Tacoma and Land Cruiser.

Blackstone has me running 8K intervals on Lucas 10W30 oil and they insist there's no need to change my oil filter mid run. I mostly playing around with all this because I've got a new engine build in my future with the new Factor short block I just received. I'd like to get settled and dialed in with a fat stock oil filters whichever way I decide.

You mentioned and On the subject of size I recall Red line Land Cruiser having an interesting article and a photo of a bunch of the filters lined up next to each other.

My yzzd3 filter tool broke, the tack welds were cheap and failed, I had to upgrade my filter tool after seeing @COYS factory filter wrench :hillbilly:

I have had a few filter tools throughout the years.... Multiple Yamaha R6 all the way to Tacoma, Sequoia Tundra and Now the 80...... However, nothing this nice.

Screenshot_20230508-201704~2.png

-TD004 is no better or worse than any other filter out there for the 1FZ. But I would not pay extra for it, let alone having it shipped from overseas. That’s bonkers.

-YZZD3 at $4 a jingle has been working for almost 20 years. Available at Wal-Mart at 3 in the morning if you are coming down/coming home and want to do an oil change.

-TD004 is no better or worse than any other filter out there for the 1FZ. But I would not pay extra for it, let alone having it shipped from overseas. That’s bonkers.

-YZZD3 at $4 a jingle has been working for almost 20 years. Available at Wal-Mart at 3 in the morning if you are coming down/coming home and want to do an oil change.
Much appreciated @OGBeno , I had hoped you would chime in.

I'll keep rocking the yzzd3 with confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom